JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to get my gear together for an Appleseed shoot next month. I received my GI sling (ordered from the Appleseed/RWVA store) the other day and just tried to string it up on my AR but ran into a problem.

I have a Magpul STR stock on my AR - it's like a SOPMOD. So I ordered a Midwest Industries 1 1/4" heavy duty QD swivel (this one, to be exact). But the spring clip on the GI sling won't fit over the swivel. It's like the swivel is too thick or not quite wide enough for the clip to go over it.

I attached a couple of pictures that will hopefully help show what I'm running into.

So...I either need a new sling or a new QD swivel. Can someone please help me sort this out?

Sling1.jpg

Sling2.jpg

I don't think that's the right one. My snap swivel is a bit longer, with the ball bearings at the end. Ill upload a pic later

I wound up removing the J-clip that is on the GI sling and replacing it with the QD swivel. As someone pointed out on the Appleseed forum, there's no reason to have 2 QD connectors hooked up together.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top