JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for two quality OWB holsters, one for my G19 and one for my 1911. I currently have a Milt Sparks VM2 for each gun, but IWB during the summer gets uncomfortable due to sweat. I'll be using these holsters for both concealed and open carry, so it'd be nice if they concealed well, and comfort is key. I'd like leather, as kydex and others tend to dig in. It'd be nice if I didn't have to wait a long time (if I wanted to wait I'd just order from Milt Sparks).

I appreciate your recommendations :)

For my Glock (a G23 or a G17), I use a Galco Combatmaster. Cheesy name, yes.:D But it's very comfortable. Slight forward cant, not as extreme as alot of Galco's holsters. Common item, should be easy enough to find or order. Nothing you're gonna have to wait for like the Sparks......

For a 1911, I like a lined holster, a little thicker for supporting the added weight. I use a Bianchi Shadow pancake style, with the thumbreak removed and a tension screw installed aft of the triggerguard area.

Both of these hold the gun tight to the body, and are therefore very concealable, which is very important to me.

Thanks for the tips guys. Since posting I've been carrying my G19 in my VM2 a lot more and I've finally learned how and where to carry it properly for maximum comfort. There were times this weekend that I literally couldn't feel it. Each time I panicked a little and grabbed my kidney to make sure it was still there :D

Been wearing this one OWB: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2050.php
It's actually very comfortable. It rides just a little out from the body and I'm still on the fence about thumb breaks.

Just ordered this one for IWB: <broken link removed>
I decided to go with the horsehide upgrade to see if it really does help with sweating. Should have it in about 2 weeks.

I use the galco kydex for OWB. I am using a safariland IWB and a Desantis cosy partner currently.

I really like the IWB for summer since my shirts tend to get shorter the mroe I wash them. ( OK I am getting fatter..LOL )

I carried my 92 SB in a Gould and goodrich 803 for quite some time. Has a thumbbreak, but with practice ( bathroom mirror ) I could draw very quick and very smooth.

BIGFOOT

Plus 1 for Don Hume, and they're relatively inexpensive. I think they go for around $40 shipped? Definitely go with the belt slide one, I have it for my G32 (same size) and its wonderful. I just ordered one for my XD. Don't use their IWB. I've got one for my P232 and its terrible.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top