JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I'm looking for a small flashlight for my EDC bag. Here is my criteria:
-American made
-under 6in long
-2aa or 2aaa
-low and high function
-no strobe function
-water and shock resistant
-8hr minimum run time on low setting
-lifetime warranty

If you know of a light, please post it up. $$ isn't really an issue, but I'm picky about my tools.
Thanks.

I am a huge fan of Surefire and what I use as my duty lights. Also like most Streamlite stuff. All are either rechargeable or CR-123 not AA/AAA........

Edit: Interesting. Apparently Surefire now has AA lights.....

Last Edited:
<broken link removed>
This one almost fits the bill. Just a touch too long. I've found a couple that fit all the criteria, except they're not made stateside. Hmm...

Yeah it's tough to find the perfect light.
I use a streamlight 600 lumen light for my nightstand
And a 5.11 tactical 320 lumen for work and one in the car.

But both have strobe ( which I wanted) and take a CR123

A big fan of both surefire and streamlight here. My favorite of the two is the surefire digital 2 ultra, it comes in at just under 6 inches and has an adjustable beam from way low to blindingly bright. The only draw back to your criteria is that it does use CR123 batteries.

The Surefire G2x and 6Px Pro models fit your criteria perfectly except for the CR123 batteries. I believe the run time on the low setting for these lights is something close 45 hours. Excellent lights that are not that expensive. I would think that your under 6" requirement might be difficult in an AA light.

I used to feel the same about AA batteries,they are cheap and readily available, but they just don't last near as long as cr123 lithium batteries under the load of a flashlight. I run my flashlight quite a bit and have never looked back after switching to lithium powered surefire lights around 6 years ago. I use a lot less batteries and they are affordable on amazon and such..
Just my .02 your results may vary :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads