JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a brand new in the box Adams Arms AR-15 Carbine Piston Rifle that a guy at work wants to buy from me. My question is could you guys help place a fair value on it in todays current conditions. The rifle came just like this from Adams, wasn't put together. Adams Arms builds their rifles with the piston system and it has very good reviews. So, I need a fair value without ripping off my coworker. I don't need to sale it and don't think I should sell it for what I paid for it.

My suggestion is a price that both of you feel good about. Considering current scarcity, it should easily sell for 50% more than you paid for it. That's still much less than one would pay at a gun store if you could find one in stock.

How does that sound?

Or, how about just keeping it since you don't need to sell it?

Really, only the two of you need to be happy with the deal.

I have a brand new in the box Adams Arms AR-15 Carbine Piston Rifle that a guy at work wants to buy from me.

If it is just a "guy at work" and not a friend you should price it according to the current market/replacement cost. It really doesnt matter what you paid for it. I have a few silver Eagle one ounce coins I picked up several years ago and I can tell you that you can not touch one for more than twice what I paid. I would not even sell them to a friend today for what I paid several years ago.

The Adams Arms web page is very informative and their online catalog shows all of the complete rifles and carbines they offer. I would use this a guide to price your carbine and adjust the price according to the current market value and how good a "friend" the guy at work is.

What I am seeing here is that there are a lot of listings for $2k to $4k but not a lot of movement. Most of the ads are reading: will sell but dont need to...

I would say that according to their website you probably paid around $1k for it. So, if it was going to be listed here you would probably list it for $1500? At that price it would sell, and really fast I would guess. So, what price should you sell it to your friend? Somewhere between $1k and $1.5k I would say. If he/she is a really good friend sell it to him/her for $100 over what you paid for it, then when the AWB does not pass he/she does not think that you are an a$$ hole...

Thanks to all who responded. The guy is just a coworker not a friend, so I am going to tell him to do some more research and make me an offer. We will see where we are at. Thanks for all the good advice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top