JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
05/30/2019 - PURCHASED - Read through for more info

I been thinking of getting an AR9 (Glock Mag compatible) blow-back pistol.
My budget is $1200.00.

Currently I don't know much about them.
What stands out as money well spent in my price range?

Last Edited:
What is the purpose of your new toy?

If it is to brag about online and show off to your buddies, then a learned AR snob will have to come along and talk all about which build has the most street cred and tacticool parts so you don't get mocked for not having what the cool kids have.

If you just want something that is fun to shoot, extremely reliable and accurate, and doesn't cost over $450, then the Extar EP9 is the easy answer.

i_YiNrpDQ-Cf2DJ-UehuBw.jpg

My budget is $1200.00.

My favorites and IMO the best in that price range are Angstadt Arms and Quarter Circle 10.
If you are set on Glock pattern, then make sure you are buying from a builder that has the LRBHO riddle solved.
Last Round Bolt Hold Open....although some shooters are OK without this feature.
Be sure to engage QC-10 in email conversation to get their best price.
It can be hundreds less than what is listed on their website.

Also the two above brands use lower receivers that are "made for" the slim 9mm mags.
That is why they look sleeker than those AR9 lowers that have been adapted from 5.56 lowers.
And their upper receivers are tailored to the pistol cartridge shape and again, not an adapted 5.56 upper.

Last Edited:
I've glanced at the Extar-9 over at NFA. I also looked at the C-9 Side-Charger.
I thought about going about one in the raw, then building.
What I'm wanting is a dedicated 9mm with matching upper/lower/bolt.
Ready to go out of the box, without much fuss.

The C9 stuff is great, Extar and Foxtrot Mike are good option for less.

The best is CMMG, and thier radial delayed blowback bolt/barrel system.
Pistol, Banshee™ 100, MkGs, 9mm | CMMG Inc.

Or just build around the bolt and barrel, not sure how compatible they are with other receivers. I've been wanting to put the CMMG bolt and barrel in a New Frontier C9 receiver set for a while now.
9mm | Product categories | CMMG Inc.

I just went with a dedicated upper from model 1 bought a rockriver conversion block (it has last bolt hold open). It uses colt mags but I have had 0 issues with the three I built that way

For the money they want, they should be using an actual pistol cartridge upper like their competitors do.

I'll pass.

The cost comes from the delayed action, which none of their competitors use, but all should. Unless you count MP5/clones to be an AR9 competitor, then the CMMG is cheap.

The upper is purely cosmetic, but cosmetics do play a role, especially at that price.

The C9 stuff is great, Extar and Foxtrot Mike are good option for less.

The best is CMMG, and thier radial delayed blowback bolt/barrel system.
Pistol, Banshee™ 100, MkGs, 9mm | CMMG Inc.

Or just build around the bolt and barrel, not sure how compatible they are with other receivers. I've been wanting to put the CMMG bolt and barrel in a New Frontier C9 receiver set for a while now.
9mm | Product categories | CMMG Inc.

I hate you so much. I don't have $1200 to blow but that radial delayed action seems like a great idea, and the thing has great reviews.

I hate you so much. I don't have $1200 to blow but that radial delayed action seems like a great idea, and the thing has great reviews.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting the bolt and barrel combo and seeing if they work in my New Frontier upper. I should be able to shed over a pound or so from the bolt and buffer. It might run a hair quieter suppressed as well with more lock up.

CMMG Banshee 300 9mm in Bronze was actually what I looked at a few months back.
As seen in the image is on it's way.
60211-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Thanks, everyone for your assistance.

They run really smoothly. If your looking for stupid smooth shooting get a tubbs AR flat wire spring and a hydraulic buffer.

Another nice thing about the CMMG is you can run just about any aftermarket trigger and not need to really worry about it running on its own due to sear disengagement.

If running suppressed at least get a H2 buffer or their weight kit. It helps. The cyclic rate increases with the can and it can case stove pipes with the supers.

My budget is $1200.00.

Banshee/guard are nice guns and well made. If you can forego the need for Glock mags I would suggest the stribog. Best value out there currently for this type of gun imo. I saw a video on YouTube comparing the old model and the new non-reciprocating and delayed blowback model. New model appeared to have a lot less recoil based on full auto shooting anyway. Also stribog has no buffer tube so u can easily add a folding or collapsible brace which makes a very small package.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top