JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought both within the last year. I rationalized that the cost savings shooting 22LR vs 9mm, would pay for itself after a couple range days.

The Ruger is a 'nicer', accurate, more solid feeling gun. However, I personally have more fun shooting the Taurus.

I have had a few failure to feed issues with the Taurus, none with the Ruger.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the difference in price point. I paid $250 for the Taurus, about twice that for the Mark IV 22/45 Tactical. It's something I like to consider when comparing the bang for the buck (literally).

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Get both, Ive got a ruger MK iv 22/45 lite and love it, granted I already dropped a mint on the Volquartzen accurizing kit with the Tandemkross Victory trigger. and a fiber optic sight set and charging ring.

that said I'm still wanting to buy a tx22 for the fun of it.

Last Edited:
I have both.

Purchased the Mark IV first and over the next few months modified with TandemKross and ValQ parts. Fitted with a red dot, it puts dime/quarter-size holes 25 feet away using Aguila Standard Velocity LRN 40gr. Add a can... OMG. LOVE shooting it. Tested with about 10 different ammo brands and the blue box Aguila wins. Stupid easy to load using a MacFadden Speed Loader ($20 on Amazon); every Ruger Mark series owner should have one.

The Taurus is a GREAT firearm that simulates well, the look and feel of a larger caliber poly frame pistol. 16+1 capacity is a big plus, along with the mag slide to facilitate loading. The TX22 eats anything I feed and have not had any FTE or FTF that were not ammo related. However, I have not been able to achieve the same accuracy as the Mark IV (even before the mods). My rear sight backed out. A drop of loctite on the screw solved the problem. Now looking at the red dot slide combo for $200 for enhanced fun.

Both are great pistols. The Taurus is a better bargain for pure plinking.

Last Edited:
My vote is for the Ruger. Incredible aftermarket options for the Mark series. Pretty easy to turn it into a $1k+ plinker... Don't ask how I know!
Like this, right LOL

Picture1.jpg

Papa Smurf was a great pistol. I preferred the controls in the Mark 3 over the Mark 4 however. Safety on the Mark 4 is simply too big and gets in the way. No manual safety on the TX22, well at least both of mine don't. I bet the lightweight MK4 22/45 is a nice shooter. Both my 22/45s were Bull barrels and the they were definitely hefty, but great shooters.

7C674D5A-1DC9-44AC-B62A-E01A44D8E6F2.jpeg 0CCD0AEC-7DD3-40A0-A575-65A0C92D8D89.jpeg

The TX 22 Competition model is all it's hyped up to be. This eats all 22 ammo with no issues and with the RMR its the most accurate 22 pistol I have ever owned. I have the P17 Ruger single six 22lr and for me the go to pistol every time is the Tx 22

If you love plinking with a 22lr then you will like either one. No experience with the TX22 but hear good things overall about them. I have owned many Ruger Mark series over the years and have a couple Mark IV's currently. If I didn't already have a Walther PPQ 22lr, I might look to add a TX22 to the safe but I love that PPQ 22lr.

Q : Should I marry a Blonde or Brunette?
WAIT, Wait, wait.....
What about the Redheads, Brown haired gals or the Bald gals, etc....?
Rrrrright.....and what are their particular "attributes"? Yeah....pick something/someone for me.
What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS....the standard response. Since you mentioned only two pistols.

why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top