JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So im looking at
SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope | SWFA
and this one
SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope | SWFA
200 off on one but I've never even held a swfa scope before but i have read some great things... i do mostly range shooting at 100/200 but wanna get into longer range 3/6/800 yards but i might also take it hunting...its going on a remington 700 sps tactical with 20" barrel. im not sure if the ffp is worth 300$... is it? I've only had sfp optics before...

FFP is only worth the extra money if you range your targets, or use the reticle for holdovers at various magnifications. That being said, if its strictly hunting I'd go for the SFP. Without illumination it can be a PITA if the deer, or w/e it is you're hunting, is in shade while you're using a lower magnification when using a FFP scope. Some scopes aren't hindered by that, some are. Not sure how the SWFA is in that regard, I only have their 1-6 FFP scope and it kinda needs illumination.

Also, looking at a pretty expensive scope. For you use you might find something at half the cost will suit your needs just fine!
The SWFA are really good scopes and glass. Have a great rep. But there are others that might buy you a buinch of ammo to shoot for the price difference. Boboclown's point is very good too!

Also, looking at a pretty expensive scope. For you use you might find something at half the cost will suit your needs just fine!
The SWFA are really good scopes and glass. Have a great rep. But there are others that might buy you a buinch of ammo to shoot for the price difference. Boboclown's point is very good too!
so i ended up with this SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope | SWFA for $499..but id love to hear another scope for half this price that is on par or even close to this quality and function.

so i ended up with this SWFA SS 3-15x42 Tactical Rifle Scope | SWFA for $499..but id love to hear another scope for half this price that is on par or even close to this quality and function.

Sounds like you got a very good deal at $499. I have not been able to actually use one of the SWFA scopes so I'll withhold a comparison for now. If I get a chance I will try to compare and see. Key always comes down to what you plan to do with it.
My comment was mainly not to say this is a great buy but with shooting 500 or so yards you might not need the extra quality. Nothing wrong with getting it though! :)
I always try to get the best quality I can afford as well. Have fun and hope hear great things with the scope!

Sounds like you got a very good deal at $499. I have not been able to actually use one of the SWFA scopes so I'll withhold a comparison for now. If I get a chance I will try to compare and see. Key always comes down to what you plan to do with it.
My comment was mainly not to say this is a great buy but with shooting 500 or so yards you might not need the extra quality. Nothing wrong with getting it though! :)
I always try to get the best quality I can afford as well. Have fun and hope hear great things with the scope!
oh totally agree but also i like to only cry once! the range i go has out to 1000 yard range so maybe one year ill give it a go

That was an incredible deal on that scope, to get it for $200 off the normal price. Don't see anyway to find anything at half that price. But the regular price of $699? Yes, I would say that the new FFP Prostaff 5 scopes from Nikon have a model that is just over half that price. The 3.5-14x40mm model would offer a very similar magnification range. Besides being a lot less money, they are also more compact and lightweight. And they have a 1 inch tube, not a 30mm tube. And they have Nikon's BDC long range reticle, which many people actually do like.

Nikon is well known for the quality of their optics. So for someone wanting a lower price but still wanting to get good quality, it should do the trick.

PROSTAFF 5 BDC DISTANCE LOCK SCOPES | Brownells

p_100018600_2.jpg

iliket
That was an incredible deal on that scope, to get it for $200 off the normal price. Don't see anyway to find anything at half that price. But the regular price of $699? Yes, I would say that the new FFP Prostaff 5 scopes from Nikon have a model that is just over half that price. The 3.5-14x40mm model would offer a very similar magnification range. Besides being a lot less money, they are also more compact and lightweight. And they have a 1 inch tube, not a 30mm tube. And they have Nikon's BDC long range reticle, which many people actually do like.

Nikon is well known for the quality of their optics. So for someone wanting a lower price but still wanting to get good quality, it should do the trick.

View attachment 326995
ya black friday deal made it a no brainer!!and i agree the original 699 might be quite high of price tag.. ill look into the prostaffs a little more ! But thanks for replying i love options!!!

View attachment 326995
Nikon optic quality may be okay but I wouldnt compare that scope with those swfa models. There are too many differences and they are for a different purpose. I decided to stay away from proprietary OEM reticle systems and standardize on mil. FFP and SFP is another conversation but I agree as noted above to get SFP unless you plan to really use the mil reticle for it's intended purpose. I have the swfa 3-15 FFP and 5-20 HD (which I got on the $200 off Christmas sale). They are outstanding Optics and one of the best values out there. The only thing they lack is a zero stop. The OP got a great deal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top