JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The rough action was due to the Tapco triggers actually...

Interesting, that I did not know.. That action was a little rough, you are right. I used to keep the action greased to alleviate some of that. It was never a problem during live fire, only when dry firing/practice at home, it would hang up sometimes. @Boboclown So CAI no longer uses the Tapco trigger on AK's?

Interesting, that I did not know.. That action was a little rough, you are right. I used to keep the action greased to alleviate some of that. It was never a problem during live fire, only when dry firing/practice at home, it would hang up sometimes. @Boboclown So CAI no longer uses the Tapco trigger on AK's?
They no longer put Tapco in them. They now use their own RAK-1 trigger, which has a softer hammer* and better profile. It is a better trigger, has a clear crisp break, and despite being a single stage trigger it almost feels like a 2 stage trigger. Its also double hook.

*The one time soft CAI metal is good...

An RH-10 is not a bad bet, either (incidentally, also a Romanian rifle). Light pencil barrel, combo FS/GB ... The rear sight is abominable, but they are crazy easy to replace.
Overall, the RH-10 is quite wieldy, and the one I had was more accurate than that crap rear sight would allow me to be, I think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top