JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may not want to go to the extent I did (Sammic 310 chamber sealer) but I highly recommend a chamber sealer. A decent one can be had for $700-800. The VP215 comes to mind in that price range. A chamber sealer allows you to seal liquids and juicy things without compromising the seal. Bags are comparatively cheap compared to the food saver type and you can do sous vida cooking in them. If you step up into a bit better model you can get one capable of sealing retort bags which are the metalized type bags that you can use for canning. I do Albacore Tuna, venison, chili and stews in the retorts and it works great. I bought mine for my charter fishing business several years back and spent good money on it but it has been flawless and I do not regret the purchase one bit. View attachment 624166
View attachment 624167
I love shotgun reds channel. Not the healthiest grub but tasty.

Not sure what you all pay for bags but This outfit has a sale going on both chamber sealer bags and the grooved style for external sealers.

Freeze your fish filets for a few hours on waxed paper before vacuum packing.

Also, be sure to poke a hole in the bag before thawing. Nothing gets defrosted still sealed, it sucks all the moisture out.

P

@osprey

One word (below)
IMPRESSIVE :)
---------------------------------

We are very pleased with what you suggested.
I did trials on a few socket wrenches, dog kibble, container of (included)pump oil, bacon, pork ribs.
I was getting a little drawn in-to what the machine does.

Thanks for chiming in with your recommendation.
Overkill for our need, but hey, I like toys, and this will get used for a LOT of things besides food related. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads