JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

I bought an Arisaka for 50 bucks that needs a follower and follower spring. I bought a Type 99 spring and follower with trigger group, which apparently won't work. So what I need is some help figuring out what the heck this Arisaka is and what round it shoots. Info:

It appears to have a Type 38 trigger group and floor plate that drops out freely.

It has a Type 99 safety/cocking knob.

It has only one gas ejection hole on the top of the chamber, not two like most Type 38's.

Also, does anyone have any advice on figuring out the caliber, and where I may buy a single round or a single piece of brass in said caliber? I don't want to pay for a whole box while trying to figure this out.

I can post some pictures if necessary.

Thanks

Pic's?
Could be a "School Rifle".....a training rifle that isn't meant to be fired. Really need a pic, Italy also made rifles for Japan, could be a number of things.

Plz post a photo or two of the rifle. As for the caliber, best thing to do is a chamber cast. Brownells sells the cerrosafe and its cheap. Plug the bore with a tight cleaning patch just forward of the neck in the barrel. You can measure the case and the bore dia with it.

I use an old tuna can for the cerrosafe, heat it up to about 160 degrees. Bent a spout into the can for easy pouring.