JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a J C Higgins model 50 made around the same time as yours.
FN made the action for Sears and High Standard made the 22" chrome lined barrel.
I replaced the trigger with a Timney 98FN Sportman 101, but I should have gone with one that replaces the original safety and installed the Winchester model 70 style.
I find the Mauser type very stiff, loud and cumbersome to use.

Speaking for everyone who might ever be next to you when you shoot that thing at the range, please don't put a muzzle break on it. Ears everywhere will appreciate it...

jbett98 - I have been tossing around the idea of converting to a Model 70 style safety on this rifle as well. If I decide to throw some optics on there again then i'm going to have clearance issues. Thanks for the input.

MountainBear - haha, I think at this point i'm going to hold off on the muzzle break.

I am should have installed this, instead of the Timney. They make a blank shroud for the back of the bolt.
(They come in the white, and need to be blued if so desired).

p_100002459_1.jpg
Reliable, Match Grade Performance
Provides a lightweight, crisp-breaking trigger that allows you to fully concentrate on each shot without wrestling a heavy, sluggish trigger. Fully adjustable trigger groups are ready for drop-in fit. Aluminum housing, all other components steel which gives you just the right amount of trigger pull for match grade performance and reliability. Available with pull weights of 12 oz. and 22 oz. with factory fitted safety. 22 oz. model also available without factory fitted safety

Big Book Catalog, Issue:66, Page:160

JARD - MAUSER 98 TRIGGER

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews