JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure where to post this...
Anyway, what is this box thing mounted on this guy's ar?

IMG_0656.png

It's a peq-15. If it's his personal weapon then he probably stole it.
It has a visible laser as well as an ir laser to be used with nods.

:s0163:
Saw one in the display case at Curts Discount Shooter supply this last week
Not sure I understand your reply.
The reason I'm saying he probably stole it is because it costs $2k and required head mounted night vision to be able to use.
Also, in order for it to be accurate it must be zeroed to the weapon. It is not like zeroing an optic. It requires a very specific zero target. We always had to make ours.

Looking at the pic again I see a Multicam patrol cap. That with the way the weapon is being stored and the random junk all in close proximity I'm thinking this is probably a private's weapon and he took a pic of his weapon to show to friends and family. This is probably in a tent or chu.

Not sure I understand your reply.
The reason I'm saying he probably stole it is because it costs $2k and required head mounted night vision to be able to use.
Also, in order for it to be accurate it must be zeroed to the weapon. It is not like zeroing an optic. It requires a very specific zero target. We always had to make ours.

Looking at the pic again I see a Multicam patrol cap. That with the way the weapon is being stored and the random junk all in close proximity I'm thinking this is probably a private's weapon and he took a pic of his weapon to show to friends and family. This is probably in a tent or chu.
+1
I personally know two guys who "borrowed" theirs as well as two pairs of NVGs.. No longer serving either. Tried for weeks to have him sell me a pair for the "borrowed" price.

Trust me, these guys could hardly afford more than top ramen.. I trust that they "borrowed" them.

1K-2k equipment isn't something a guy normally just goes out and buys.

But odds are, the one in the picture is the "lookalike" standard laser. Those are only $80-200

Uh, they make a civilian version that looks just like the military one. TNVC sells it, Vic talked to Insight about having these made a while back.

You can/could also buy some on Ebay. Until recently, combat losses were just "lost". If they came back up, nobody cared. Now combat losses (since there were so many) are now recovered. Also, they used to send us lasers to test and then we got to keep them.

On top of this, Insight and several other mfg. did not keep logs on who was sent what and what SN went where. They keep all this now. I think they started in 06 or 08? So generally you want older lasers.

Now, if you can find a military grade laser, and it's not wanted, then you can buy it. You cannot, however, get it fixed if it breaks. Send it in to Insight and they keep it.

To find out if it is wanted, you call CID, FBI, MP, MPI and local police. All four will have access to the same and different databases. If nobody is looking for it, it's likely one of those old ones that fell off the map.

But most of these lasers will be PEQ-2A or PAC-4 (which is only .7mW to begin with and there are better now for civilian use). The occasional old PEQ-15 or 16 may show up and the VERY rare IZLID, but be wary and NEVER buy used military gear considered high dollar value items without running it through those agencies I listed above.

If you don't check, FBI has and will show up to your door asking for it back if they trace it to you. NODs, thermal, lasers, etc.

Hope that clears up some of the BS on here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top