Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help identify Remington 700

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by robbijer, Jul 9, 2013.

1. robbijer

robbijer Salem Oregon Member

Hi all I have a Remington model 700 I would like some to help identify the specific model and come up with a value for it.

I have been doing some internet searches and looked at Remington's website but have not found the right info yet.

It is a 700 in 270 winchester, it has iron sights, and no floor plate. It has mounted on it a burris fullfield II 3x9. It is in great shape and has not seen very much use.
    Serial E6742xxx

Thanks

9230850031_9267548fcc.jpg

9230847735_57907c77d5.jpg

2. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Looks like a plain old M700ADL.
    If you get the series of letters off the left side of the barrel, just in front of the receiver, you can figure out the month and year it was manufactured here:
    Remington Society of America - questions/barrelcodes

PS: great gun/scope package by the way.
    Killed many a critter with one very similar!

3. JV100

JV100 portland/wilsonville Active Member

google remington and just call them and ask, the websites used as reference wont give you the right mfg date. It's a 10 min phone call, well worth it.

4. robbijer

Thanks for the info so far, it is going to end up on the classifieds soon, anyone care to venture what the package is worth?

5. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

I would say it's in the ~$500.00 range if it's in good shape.

But the reality is, it's only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

6. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I paid $500 for my older 700 BDL, which has a floor plate. ADLs are theoretically more accurate because of the no floor plate, but a PITA to unload and clean. I prefer BDLs, and I think most do, but that looks really nice and it's in a great caliber. I'd ask $550 and see where it goes. My 700 in 7MM shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups from a rest at 100yds and hand loads. Pretty impressive for a pawnshop gun!

7. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

bluebook of gun values, a lot of gun shops have them and some will let you look through it

8. robbijer

Thanks for the help everyone, it is my grandfathers rifle that he would like me to sell for him. I do not know much about the Remington line up of center-fires.

I have the bluebook of gun values but I am about 7 editions behind on it so models and pricing is starting to get pretty far off.

9. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd buy it from him, and keep it for yourself! There's something special about shooting or hunting with "grandpa's gun". Even if you're not interested in it right now. Don't let it slip away!

And listen to this song/watch this video :) - CMT : Music Video : Granddaddy's Gun : Aaron Lewis