JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Krupp stahl
The barrel also has st. winieki poznan on it.

Thanks in advance

20150804_210714.jpg

20150804_210642.jpg

20150804_210656.jpg

20150804_210723.jpg

Last Edited:
1906 Mauser, customized after World War 1. Most likely a bring back and then the soldier took it to Winieki which was a Polish company that made allot of high end hunting rifles.
It's chambered for 9.3x74R which is very close to the .375 H&H!

Ve
1906 Mauser, customized after World War 1. Most likely a bring back and then the soldier took it to Winieki which was a Polish company that made allot of high end hunting rifles.
It's chambered for 9.3x74R which is very close to the .375 H&H!

Very interesting, any idea of how I would go about assessing the value?

Thank you very much!

If the bore and chamber are decent I would say you could get $900-1500. Ive seen several sell for that.
They are a pretty rare European made custom rifle. And you would need to find the right buyer.
A great example of gunsmithing that's almost 100 years old!

Do you have the scope for it? And whast the floorplate look like?

The bore and chamber are in excellent shape, even for a modern rifle. I don't have a scope and will take more pictures of the art work to share. Because of the higher value, I can't justify keeping it in my current situation. Its for sale, to the right person.

If the bore and chamber are decent I would say you could get $900-1500. Ive seen several sell for that.
They are a pretty rare European made custom rifle. And you would need to find the right buyer.
A great example of gunsmithing that's almost 100 years old!

Do you have the scope for it? And whast the floorplate look like?

The issue is that claw mounts are all custom fit to their original bases. So you would have to have rings fit to those bases. NECG still offers the service, but it is prohibitively expensive.
I would probably put the value between $750 and $1000. But it is a beautiful rifle! Good luck with your sale!

ADDED: I place the value lower than Velzey for two reasons. First, the recoil pad is a later addition. Originally, it would likely had a steel buttplate. The stock likely would have had to be cut for the pad, so restoring it would likely shorten the LOP significantly. Two, the rear claw mount scope base is missing. The bases are a set and unless you have the original, both would likely need to be replaced, which as state above, can be done, but it spendy.

There is a lot going for the gun, with the mannlicher stock and the mild engraving, as well as the barrel profile (which I can't tell if its full octagonal or octagonal to round) and rib. But the missing/non-original parts really hurt the value for a collector, which would be the most likely audience for this rifle. Either way you slice it, it is beautiful. If it were mine and I needed to sell it, I would likely put it on gunbroker, as that will expose it to the maximum number of people. Good luck!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads