JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_20170605_133021928.jpg IMG_20170605_133045330.jpg IMG_20170605_133057975.jpg
I'm not finding any markings on this at all. Possibly rebarreled with an octagonal barrel 30 or so years ago and I don't find markings on the receiver. Anyone know what it is? I've looked online and I've not seen any pictures of lever guns with that style loading gate. Thanks guys.

You might try carefully removing the forestock and looking for markings under it. My rolling block has the caliber markings under the forestock.

Thanks guys, it is a friend's grandfather's gun, now his, and they believe it was rebarreled over 30 years ago. I just saw it for the first time today, next time I'm there I will get a full picture of it and remove some furniture to see if there are markings under it. No visible markings at all on the barrel or receiver. It has, and I'll take a pic of this as well, what looks like an anchor stamped into the stock. And I'll bring my calipers along.

I'd like to see more, too. On first glance I said the same thing, 1886.
If it's a Winchester, the tang should be marked. And I believe the serial number will be on the belly of the action near the forend.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top