JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came upon this bayonet and would like to know something about it. There are zero identifying marks on any of it. I'm thinking it's some cheap knock off because of lack of markings. I found a couple or three on line that were identical for the most part but they all had some numbers/letters. It belongs to a friend and he gave it to me to figure out what I should pay him for it. That is, if i want to buy it. No markings/cheap knock off and all. I'm pretty frugal/cheap, but when I get accessories for my guns I like mostly authentic. It does fit my Polish AK. I'm thinking @Boboclown is the AK aficionado around here. Not that there aren't other of course.

P1040705.JPG P1040706.JPG P1040707.JPG P1040708.JPG P1040709.JPG

I came upon this bayonet and would like to know something about it. There are zero identifying marks on any of it. I'm thinking it's some cheap knock off because of lack of markings. I found a couple or three on line that were identical for the most part but they all had some numbers/letters. It belongs to a friend and he gave it to me to figure out what I should pay him for it. That is, if i want to buy it. No markings/cheap knock off and all. I'm pretty frugal/cheap, but when I get accessories for my guns I like mostly authentic. It does fit my Polish AK. I'm thinking @Boboclown is the AK aficionado around here. Not that there aren't other of course.

View attachment 587936 View attachment 587937 View attachment 587938 View attachment 587940 View attachment 587941

ROMANIAN bakelite , It will fit almost any AK with they lug it's in very nice shape, most are rough the markings would usally be pencel engraved for import I believe,I've never seen a knock off of that one . It probably just slipped through the cracks when inline to be marked.

Last Edited:
I was going to say the same thing, Romanian. It's a perfectly good, original bayonet. A friend of mine who did gun shows gave me one maybe 10 or 15 years ago, said he bought them in bulk for something like $4 each. That's been a long time ago; I'm sure they go for a lot more now.

They are correct, romy bake. Fits AKMs, with modification may work with 74s. I would have replied sooner but I was at work.

Hey, no worries. We all have work. Not huge AK fan but I have one and figure everyone should have one. If you're going to have an AR you ought to have an AK too is how I figure it. What's do you think is a fair price? All I looked at was Gun Broker, and I saw $25.00-$40.00. And some that must have been something special for more. 'Course I/you know gun Broker. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. :s0152:

Hey, no worries. We all have work. Not huge AK fan but I have one and figure everyone should have one. If you're going to have an AR you ought to have an AK too is how I figure it. What's do you think is a fair price? All I looked at was Gun Broker, and I saw $25.00-$40.00. And some that must have been something special for more. 'Course I/you know gun Broker. :rolleyes:

25 to 40 isnt unreasonable considering it's condition . A guy is hard pressed to find a new survival knife that compares to it in quality. It would be a great addition to a nice romy G kit build if someone was going for the nice clean look .

Mine was $15 but it was in rough shape. Also doesn't have the frog.

25 to 40 isnt unreasonable considering it's condition . A guy is hard pressed to find a new survival knife that compares to it in quality. It would be a great addition to a nice romy G kit build if someone was going for the nice clean look .

With the blade only ground on one side, it wouldn't cut cheese too well!:D

$30.00 sounds good to me. I'll throw that at him. I think he'd probably just give it to me, but I wouldn't feel right doing that.

Thank you gentlemen

What? Your's didn't come with a Frenchman? :D;)

$30.00 sounds good to me. I'll throw that at him. I think he'd probably just give it to me, but I wouldn't feel right doing that.

Thank you gentlemen

They're meant to be "rib ticklers"... just need to be reasonably pointy for the most part.

That one looks to be unissued NOS and is in excellent condition. Your value assessment is right in the middle of the range.

I have nothing but love for Rommy AK's (I own four), but I've always preferred the handle design of the Polish and E.German bayonets over the Rommy versions.

I have nothing but love for Rommy AK's (I own four), but I've always preferred the handle design of the Polish and E.German bayonets over the Rommy versions.

I think the AK is an awesome platform. I prefer wood furniture though. I've tried, but I can't get into the "Dong" grip on the Romanian AKs.

Keep a eye out for the lanyard that goes to it , they are leather so they usually are rotted away by now then you'll have a 100% original type 1 ..

Last Edited:
Bayonets are for stabbing mostly. Generally don't hold an edge as well as a knife meant for cutting, but you could do so. Not worth it tbh, you can still open cans and cut wires with it.
What? Your's didn't come with a Frenchman? :D;)
Its a bayonet, not a surrender handle!

Last Edited:
Bayonets are for stabbing mostly. Generally don't hold an edge as well as a knife meant for cutting, but you could do so. Not worth it tbh, you can still open cans and cut wires with it.

Yeah, point taken. I still find it unusual that there are no markings. I thought there were markings on everything guns/gun related?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top