JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Better all around hunting round?

• 30-06

Votes: 52 67.5%

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
If you are shootin' out to 1000 yards the heavy bullets can be a definate advantage. :s0155: Heavier bullets also penetrate better then lighter ones. Not a big deal on deer but for elk, bear or moose it is.

i worked with an old sprng. 06 for 30 yrs,and also had the 99 sav. in 308-the 06 had the best knockdwn.,but the 308 was a flat shooter-but on larger game i had to make my shots, to the point !-the 06 seemed to cover both bases well-unless i got myself in a 300 yrd shot-oh you can hit it at the distance, but you better be ready to ring out a couple more shots-i'v since changed to mar. 30-30, and a 7mm mag-in my opinion, its the best of both worlds -just my thoughts-
steven

Not much can beat the power and trajectory of 300 rum and nothing I shot at got up and ran away. I got the biggest white tail I have ever seen this passed season with it and the only shot I had was through 4ft tall grass at 284 yds right through the nut sack into the heart and into the right shoulder resting in the knee joint of the same side. A smaller caliber might not have made the kill in fact I would not have taken the shot. 180 accubond doing 3300 fps does the job in all cases!!

I personally like the mankiller 308, the recoil is more plesant the the 30.06. If you want to get out there mor the 30.06 is better but if your going to hint in the pacific northwest i would go with the 308. Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top