JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK I need some help advice: I bought a gun for a job several years ago. I have never liked shoting it and want to sell it (the poarted barrel shoots too much noise back in my face and I can't keep from flinching from the noise). I am NOT familiar with buying/selling guns and I'm new to WA/Seattle and really never got into the firearm world. I don't know what is a good value for the gun? what adds or subtracts from the value? It's a Taurus .357 Titanium ported 7 shot with the rubber grip. I think it's got the night sights and I think the back sight is adjustable (black not same as gun body) I think it's a 4 inch barrel (police issue legal for colorado when i bought it) and has been used (mostly not by me). It's got some blueing/darkning on it-does this matter? The guy that shot it cleaned it and oiled it before giving it back, ok here's where my rookie status really shows: are you supposed to oil a titanium gun? and I think I've got 2 speed loaders for it? I've got a cleaning kit that I've never used (cause I didn't use the gun after I got it). What is a reasonable price? Is there any shops I should advoid? Would it be better to sell privately through the classifieds? Need to get rid of it fairly fast to? is this possible?
Thank,
Tracy
[email protected]
ps says on tag on case model 2-62704 1shc but next line says M627 TI PTD 357 then next line says shadow gray. So it's a model M627 TI PTD 357 right?

0513121318.jpg

0513121318a.jpg

0513121316a.jpg

Last Edited:
Post it for sale in the Handgun section of the classified here on NWFA.

Include the important information:
Name of manufacturer
Model of gun
Caliber of gun
Condition of gun
Number of rounds thru the gun if you know or can guess.
Price you'd like
If you're willing to ship it, most people won't want to do this, but some are willing.
Where you are willing to meet face to face (FTF)
At least one photo. More is better.
How to contact you.​

As for price, you can either look up your gun on a site such as Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com, ask about what you payed for it, or just decide what you are willing to accept for it.

Your ad might look something like this:

It's a Taurus Revolver in .357 Titanium, ported 7 shot with the rubber grip.
I think it's got the night sights and I think the back sight is adjustable (black not same as gun body)
I think it's a 4 inch barrel (police issue legal for colorado when i bought it) and has been used (mostly not by me), so I don't know the round count on it. It's got some blueing/darkning on it.
The guy that shot it cleaned it and oiled it before giving it back
I think I've got 2 speed loaders for it
I'll include a cleaning kit that I've never used (cause I didn't use the gun after I got it)
I'd like to sell it soon as possible, so the price is negotiable. I'd like to get $357 for it.
PM me or email me at [email protected] to arrange a meeting in the greater Seattle area. FTF only and I'd like to get a bill of sale.​

Theres too many unknowns. Research it more and find the correct info, saves buyers time. Take close up of just gun, then picture of compleate package for sale. People dont care about every little spec of detail. Its a gun, give us the facts. Yes, you oil titanium. Generally its just the cylinder thats titanium. Scrub all the carbon off with cleaner, then oil aftetwards. This sounds like a fancy Taurus, so you should get a decent price. Cheack gunbrokers conpleated adds to get idea of value. Please dont compare to new.

This is a tough gun to research for used prices since they so rarely show up on GunBroker. Taurus only made them for a few years. I sold mine (Wish I hadn't) for $600.00 and the buyer was ecstatic to find one. I'd buy this one but 1) I'm broke and 2) she's in Washington.

Tracy,
There is a gun show in Centralia this coming weekend, take it and the accesories with you and carry a sign that you have it for sale. a couple positives about selling there are that people are looking for guns, and usually have money. you could also post it here on the forum. Dont forget that if there are other firearms you might like, you could look for a trade.

Tracy,
There is a gun show in Centralia this coming weekend, take it and the accesories with you and carry a sign that you have it for sale. a couple positives about selling there are that people are looking for guns, and usually have money. you could also post it here on the forum. Dont forget that if there are other firearms you might like, you could look for a trade.

Not without a membership.

Thank you everyone! The information was wonderful and helped alot. Knowing a good angle for for selling the gun really helped, and the other information also helped. Thank's to everyone!

did it ever sell?

what did you get for it?

I've got the 2" version of the same gun and I'm considering letting it go

I actually found your post by searching how to clean the flash burn off of my TITANIUM cylinder

Russ

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads