JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

My family recently inherited quite a substantial gun and knife collection (25 or so guns, hundreds of knives) and we don't know the best route for selling them. No one in my family has experience with guns or knives. My father kept the few that have sentimental value for him and the rest we are going to try to sell. The knives-no clue. The hang-up here is that we need to sell them FAST in order to get money to support my elderly grandmother. We don't want to get screwed. I checked out gunbroker.com but we are hoping, perhaps idealistically, to take them to a reputable gun shop and have them buy them from us? A few are quite old (one was made in 1909) and we have no idea of their worth. My parents live in Southern Washington, but I live in Michigan. I am tech savvy, they are not.

HELP!!!!

Hey, that's an idea! I will pass it along to my parents. How quickly does consignment sell, can you help us determine a good price, and what is your cut if and when something sells?

Hey, that's an idea! I will pass it along to my parents. How quickly does consignment sell, can you help us determine a good price, and what is your cut if and when something sells?

I usually charge 10%.
Consignments can sell fast or slow depending on how they are priced.

I will give you parents options to sell them fast, and show them the difference in price if they chose go for a higher amount and have them possibly sell slower.

You can call me, or they can anytime. I am located in Vancouver, WA, right above Portland, OR.

My uncle actually founded "The Conical Tool Company" there in Grand Rapids.
We have a cabin in Columbiaville just above Lapeer also. My whole family is there in the Lake Orion area.
Small world.....

Hello! See if your local library has a copy of the Blue Book of Gun Values, an anual national survey of what firearms in all categories have sold for. This classic book is used by most gun dealers and pawn shops to get a rough idea of a gun's value, which may vary from region to region, and even change from year to year. Again, it's a ROUGH idea of value. The Blue Book of Gun Values also has a website with the same content, maybe updated more often than the anual book; it is a paid membership site, but may be worth your investment to get a general idea of common gun prices. Beware of neighborly scoundrels trying to "do you a favor!" Find a professional that you trust---and a ten-percent consignment fee is EXCELLENT (most want 25%)................................elsullo

Hello,

We would be happy to purchase the guns, or sell them for you. We have handled many gun collections from estates. We have found that we get the most for our customers when we sell them online at Auction Arms. We sell about 1000 guns a year on this site. You can find out more at our website---www.nwarmory.com, look under the "sell guns" button. Please feel free to call us at (503) 654-7974 if you have any questions.

Thank you, Jeani & Karl

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads