JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Long story even longer... went back to range today and gun would still not cycle. Argh!!!
Drove from range straight to My gunsmith Mike Lowrie owner of Fin and Feather in Ridgefield WA. They are a premium Aero Precision dealer and it is where I purchased assembled upper. After listening to me drone on and on about what it was and was not doing he determined that it was the gas system so he removed the upper took it in the back disassembled it and realigned the gas block using the plastic break in half pins. Back to range and gun fires as designed!!!
thank you to everyone who chimed in with this build I appreciate each and every one of you.

as I said earlier I went 100% with Aero Precision M5 parts. Stands to reason when a person orders the Aero Precision M5 buffer tube assembly it should work...wrong to assume anything I guess.
although there is a definite difference between rifle and carbine.
which one in your opinion do I need?
Crap happens with the best of companies and their product. If you don't get the issue figured out shoot me a pm, I know a guy who works there

I've had that issue before. It's over gassed. Cycling to fast. Fires. ejects. Then cycles to fast and not stripping new round. I have a 14.5 aero build that I run a h2 buffer in.

Pretty sure gas block and tube was brought up a month ago..:confused:

tenor.gif

Pretty sure gas block and tube was brought up a month ago..:confused:

View attachment 840078
I wouldn't doubt it. Sorry for the redundancy. I wish I could just devote a few days to just a few problems. But it seems with retirement there's just a ton more stuff to always be worrying about than the fun stuff. i can't tell you how much I appreciate you folks staying around to help. It means a lot to me. Sorry for the delays.

Long story even longer... went back to range today and gun would still not cycle. Argh!!!
Drove from range straight to My gunsmith Mike Lowrie owner of Fin and Feather in Ridgefield WA. They are a premium Aero Precision dealer and it is where I purchased assembled upper. After listening to me drone on and on about what it was and was not doing he determined that it was the gas system so he removed the upper took it in the back disassembled it and realigned the gas block using the plastic break in half pins. Back to range and gun fires as designed!!!
thank you to everyone who chimed in with this build I appreciate each and every one of you.
When a gun doesn't go back far enough to strip next round, usual suspect is a misaligned gas block.
Happens a lot.

That would have been my first suggestion. Glad it's operating!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top