JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been getting the window to get windows 10 every other day now for a while. A friend told me to ignore it.OK,I'm not into loading things then wanting them gone after about ten minutes
So now I get the Adobe flash plugin has crashed report and it won't go away.
I reloaded it the other day and that didn't work.
Went to "learn more" and all it was about was a windows 10 fix. I don't want to but may have to take it to the computer girl in town.
Which aint a bad thing:rolleyes:
What can a computer simpleton do to fix this?
Please help:(

Interested in where this goes....I get the "Get Windows 10 While it Free" on my screen evrey day or two. I don't want it! Nothing like Mr. Idaho Skwim yet though.

Funny,just as I went to type a response firefox shut down and had to restart it. It has been the easiest for me to navigate and have had the bet luck with spyware and all those bad things.
I'm going to uninstall flash right now. Thanks for the responses.

No advice for you but here is my rant on Windows 10
I succumbed to the windows 10.
Big mistake.
Ruined my computer experience in nearly every aspect. Could not open documents without direction and some not at all. Forced me to use their internet search and would not let me install my own home page and internet search. Reformatted and stuffed my music in the clouds (what ever that is)and wouldn't let me open, play ,save with out going through that. Changed how I saved, and moved files within my computer. Messed with my E mail. You can no longer own some programs you will have to rent and pay yearly fees.
and that's just a few things you can expect.
I am not computer savvy enough or young enough to deal with this even if there are ways to circumvent or other wise deal with it. If you are a geek or like messing around well maybe it is for you.
I ended up having another computer built with the last operating system I could feel comfortable with and that's window 7. then had older MS Office and other programs installed with my files and data fixed and transferred to the new computer.
Finally, had the auto updates turned off.
All is good now. New system excepted drivers for all peripheral hardware.
Music, photos, Documents and older programs I had purchased all were installed and excepted.
The explanation of what happened and the fix may be skewed some because as I said I'm a struggler with computers but the company that manages our work computers and servers were well aware and understanding. They built my new computer and corrected all the beefs I had with 100 % satisfaction.

OhforGod's sake people......Get a Mac before they ban them like 30 round clipmagbulitholders, riflegunpistolshotgun grips, bipod tripod tactical whale blinding lasers multi coated multidiopterized cross hair head shooting scopes and discarding sabot brain exploding black talon entrail shredding polyvinyl holler pointed killer BBs.

Win doze user under protest at work. Mac user since 1993 when we had freedom to make personal choices.

Brutus out

Big mistake.
Ruined my computer experience in nearly every aspect. Could not open documents without direction and some not at all. Forced me to use their internet search and would not let me install my own home page and internet search. Reformatted and stuffed my music in the clouds (what ever that is)and wouldn't let me open, play ,save with out going through that. Changed how I saved, and moved files within my computer. Messed with my E mail. You can no longer own some programs you will have to rent and pay yearly fees.
I am not computer savvy enough or young enough to deal with this even if there are ways to circumvent or other wise deal with it. If you are a geek or like messing around well maybe it is for you.
I ended up having another computer built with the last operating system I could feel comfortable with and that's window 7. then had older MS Office and other programs installed with my files and data fixed and transferred to the new computer.
Music, photos, Documents and older programs I had purchased all were installed and excepted.
The explanation of what happened and the fix may be skewed some because as I said I'm a struggler with computers but the company that manages our work computers and servers were well aware and understanding. They built my new computer and corrected all the beefs I had with 100 % satisfaction.
Last time anything like that happened to me,I was pirating a movie.Not even a good movie as it turned out. Cloverfield? Stupid
Anyway,it started with a flying mouse.It hit the screen and ruined it.
Then it wouldn't fold backwards. I fixed that problem.
Then I saw to black streaks out of the corner of my eye. Dogs had enough of that stuff.
I moved out of that RV park about 2 years later and found all kinds of parts lying around
NO:mad: I do not have temper issues:mad:

Big mistake.

I had a fun experience last month. On New Years Eve I was up early before work checking my email, and I noticed my computer was slowing down. I went to shut it off and I noticed the options said "Update and restart". It went through the motions then said Do Not Shut Off Updates in Progress. Is was updating very slow and I had to go to work, so I left it on since it would go into sleep mode

I get home check my computer, and message pops up and says something to the effect of "Updates have been completed, we just need to take care of a few things"

Then the computer froze. And stayed frozen. Finally I shut it off, and I noticed the display was messed up, and when I finally did get the desktop to come up it loaded slow - it was like someone had poured molasses in the computer. Icon trays wouldn't load and it looked like several programs wouldn't even load.

I called Microsoft "Customer Service". My first CS/tech assist rep, was a actual American who could speak and understand English! We tried remote assistance, then tried the restore point believing it would work. She then said to call back if it didn't. Btw I spent two hours with her on the phone and have no complaints with her - she was excellent.

Of course it didn't work. I called back and was informed that there were no CS reps available and I should call back tomorrow. Being it was New Years Eve, I said skrew it and had a few.

Came to the next morning (my NY Eve was ruined, because I was pissed and kept dwelling over my laptop all night), and decided to check the computer again of course it was still skrewed. So I began the first of many calls to Microsoft CS over the next two days (6 hours on the 1st day, 5 on the next) with new CS reps every call, none of whom seemed to speak or understand English very well. Each one offered a different solution, and each time the solution failed, and my computer actually got worse. Finally it just kept attempting to reboot over and over again, then I would get an error message saying it needed to restart.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Finally I got pissed and called Microsoft CS again. This time there were many "f bombs" dropped, among other choice words. I finally told the dothead that they bubblegumed my computer up worse, so they were going to fix it or replace it. He gave me the number to the Microsoft Store in University Place. I ended up driving it up to Seattle, and picked it up a week later and yes it was fixed, and to their credit they fixed it for free.

From what they explained something happened in the update process (possibly a corrupted file) and the update skrewed my drivers up. They had to reinstall WIN10, and thankfully they were able to keep all my pics, music and movies.

Big mistake.
I'm in the same boat with hating change in operating systems, why can't they just leave them the HEII alone!!!!!
They just want more revenues is all and they don't like to get bored......:mad::mad::mad:

I'm in the same boat with hating change in operating systems, why can't they just leave them the HEII alone!!!!!
They just want more revenues is all and they don't like to get bored......:mad::mad::mad:

Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8. Its not perfect but its miles ahead. My only problem with both 10 and 8 is that there is too much crap that I will never use.

Take a look here (or go to apple.com and search for "refurbished":

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/13

Apple refurbished products are sold directly by Apple, and they are factory rebuilt and tested. You get about 20% off and still get a full year's warranty. You can also enroll them in Apple Care for an additional 2 years of warranty plus personal assistance with things like training and transferring files at an Apple store.

My household is 100% Apple, and it's precisely because I'm a retired systems administrator who has had to deal with Windows for a living.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top