JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What am I doing wrong? JR3 press, RCBS .223 die, 10:1 alcohol lanolin lube, decap pin .25" protrusion. Any suggestions?
Larry :confused:

Bad cases.jpg

Looks like to much lube possibly. I had some 223 cases do the same thing when I first started and it was from to much lube. Maybe use a little less and try cleaning your die out.

Yep. Looks like hydraulic denting from too much lube. It takes very little lube to properly cover a case.

But....
Too little and you'll find out real quick! :D

Thank you one and all. :s0067: That was it. :s0094: I spent 45 yrs in the auto industry and over lubrication was NEVER an issue. But I can see where hydrostatic lock can develop in that small area. This is the first of many problems I am sure to come across, and I will not hesitate to ask again. You guys & gals are the best. :s0160:

A quick note about spray lubes. Most take a little while to set and will cause a case to stick if the lube is still wet.

RCBS makes a nice little case extractor for when ya stick a case in the sizing die.

As mentioned by most all of the other respondents, those are lube dents. If not using the case for a heavy charge, they can be fireformed back out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top