HELP! Bersa Thunder Trigger repair...

Reactions
I was given a Bersa Thunder .380 by a friend. Only problem is that the trigger doesn't seem to work (firearm is cocked fully to the rear but will not break). I've done a field strip and took off the grips. Comparing to some disassembly videos on youtube, it seems like the gun is missing two washers that secure part of the trigger assembly. I'm not sure what else needs tinkering but it'd be great to get this baby spitting lead once again...

Any tips or gun smith contacts would be greatly appreciated

{i should also note I am not the original owner & neither was my friend so warranty service is not possible]

OP
freeman3911
Reactions
I've tried it with the magazine in & out. doesn't seem to want to drop. I am thinking my friend or previous owner before him tried to tinker with the magazine disconnect safety. I will try it again when I am home from the office tonight just to be sure....

Reactions
I've tried it with the magazine in & out. doesn't seem to want to drop. I am thinking my friend or previous owner before him tried to tinker with the magazine disconnect safety. I will try it again when I am home from the office tonight just to be sure....
Yes, most likely it is a problem with the magazine disconect, if you take right side grip off you can get to the magazine disconect mechanism and take a look at it.

These bersa's are very is to disassemble and work on.

Reactions
Is the slide fully forward? Sometime if you ride the slide it will hang up just out of battery and disable trigger. I never had this issue except when messing(unloaded mag in it) with it after cleaning it. Let us know what you find. Best of luck

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom