JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Newberg is a drive but I may go check it out. I will be headed to eugene this coming week so I will check out Armac in JC on the way and Mazama as well. They both have kiosks.

Ok so far I'm sold on the Mask 22HD. Hopefully I can find somebody local with a YHM R2 or R2K, looks like SS is out of stock on them. Armac in JC has a Rex MG7 according to their website (we will see).

So a trust is the next step, what have you guys done? Good luck with the "one shot" deal or should I go another route?

Ok so far I'm sold on the Mask 22HD. Hopefully I can find somebody local with a YHM R2 or R2K, looks like SS is out of stock on them. Armac in JC has a Rex MG7 according to their website (we will see).

So a trust is the next step, what have you guys done? Good luck with the "one shot" deal or should I go another route?
Check local inventory cause dealers with SS Kiosks may have some things that the SS store is sold out of. @OR Hunter would be a good one to hit up about multi toy trusts.

I will definitely take the advice from you guys, thank you this is exactly what I was looking for. As far as versatility....my thought is in the long run I would rather have multiple cans then swap them around all the time. One will practically live on the Pac-lite 22. One will be almost always used on the 300blk with the occasional swap to the 7.62x39 or 5.56 AR. So that one I would prefer to have the 1.375 thread. Eventually I will get another dedicated can for the 9mm AR pistol as well. Other then the 5 guns I have mentioned I don't really have any interest in suppressing any other guns I have....of course that's subject to change once I start playing with them.
I am going to ruin some of what I just said but the Dead Air Wolfman is an excellent 9mm PCC can and 300Blk can, along with sub-sonic 7.62x39. I run the Wolfman on a bolt action CZ527 in 7.62x39, 300blk bolt action pistol and multiple 9mm PCC's though the PCC use is going down as my dedicated cans get out of jail. I would give it a hard look for your 9mm PCC/300Blk can when you get to that point. There are also a few companies now making a Plan B adapter for it which I will be converting mine over to.

If you are going to be at Mazama's make sure you hit up McCluskey Arms just down the street. They have Rex can's in stock for sure, possibly a DA Mask and I know they have a Resonator K using Plan B mount on one of the shop guns. They also have a wealth of knowledge on mounting solutions, first hand experience with a wide range of cans, possible issues/solutions you may encounter as they are a full service gunsmith shop and will do alignment checks.

As for trusts, everyone has their own thoughts on the subject and there is no right or wrong answer but there is a lot of misinformation floating around. I recommend you get your information on trusts from sources able to provide you with facts. There is a lot of opinions and hearsay floating around that was sourced off the internet and we all know anything on the internet is true. I personally went with SilencerShop single shot unlimited trust as I knew from the start I would have more than 5 cans. I strongly encourage you to call Silencershop and talk to them about individual vs. trust and their trust offering. I spent 45-minutes with the great folks at Silencershop the first time I called doing research before my first suppressor purchase. There was zero pressure to buy anything, they answered all my questions openly and honestly and I was given the gentleman's name again at the end of the conversation with an invite to call back with any more questions I had. I took him up on that and called back 3 more times before I made my first purchase. I then happened to be in Austin for a business trip and stopped into their brick and mortar store. I met the gentleman who helped me in person, thanked him and then spent two hours with him looking at cans and guns in person and having a wonderful conversation.

Going to throw this out for debate. Look into Quietbore. They have products the work great, are a hell-o lot cheaper, and through a form 1, take 3 months to get. These guys are legit when it comes to the ATF stuff. Won't ship out until your form 1 is submitted. I purchased a QB 9mm can, got the stamp, they shipped it and I drilled it out. Next day, shot it at the indoor concrete/ steel range here in Eugene with no ear pro, and it was amazing! Was it as quiet as a $900.00 can? I couldn't tell the difference between mine and the Rugged suppressor besides me! If you want to check them out, first go to quietbore.com, then to Creative arms. Creative arms is the parent company of Quitebore. They (Creative Arms) has been building commercial suppressors for years. Preston is the owner there and will walk you through the whole process! He helped me untangle a mistake on my form 1 for free!
I do not work for either company, but am on my second can through them, and going to get two more to fill the need to be quiet.
as for cost, $280 (normal price, I got it for $75 off on sale) for 9mm can, $75.00 for drill fixture, $100 for piston and $200 for stamp. 3 months wait time and they engrave for free!

I thought a 30cal SiCo Omega and a 45cal rugged obsidian would cover all the bases I wanted to shoot. In my ignorance this was like saying a rifle and pistol would also cover all the shooting I wanted to do. Now I have many cans and many guns. Also, I've found that hearing being a sense, people have different opinions on the same cans performance. Lastly, weight of the can became much more important to me as I used them every time I shoot. Now I look hard at that, especially if it's not a caliber that gets very quiet. I would try and buy the latest and great technology since you will be married to it. If I had to pick for you I'd probably do a Dead air mask/rugged Oculus and a Rex Mg7 perhaps even a CGS Helios qd Ti if money wasn't a big concern.

Thought I would update you guys, I currently have a mask 22hd in jail. Looking at either the Rex MG7 or the YHM resonator R2 for my next purchase. I went with the NFA gun trust instead of the single shot trust. Someday I may SBR the AR pistols so they can be added to that as well.

Thanks again to all of you that provided input.

Thought I would update you guys, I currently have a mask 22hd in jail. Looking at either the Rex MG7 or the YHM resonator R2 for my next purchase. I went with the NFA gun trust instead of the single shot trust. Someday I may SBR the AR pistols so they can be added to that as well.

Thanks again to all of you that provided input.
Good choices.

I've been contemplating the R2K for another rifle can myself. The R9s that were just freed are technically capable, but not rated for under 16"s. Be cool if YHM put a stelite blast baddie in the R9 so it lost most of its barrel restrictions.

Going to throw this out for debate. Look into Quietbore. They have products the work great, are a hell-o lot cheaper, and through a form 1, take 3 months to get. These guys are legit when it comes to the ATF stuff. Won't ship out until your form 1 is submitted. I purchased a QB 9mm can, got the stamp, they shipped it and I drilled it out. Next day, shot it at the indoor concrete/ steel range here in Eugene with no ear pro, and it was amazing! Was it as quiet as a $900.00 can? I couldn't tell the difference between mine and the Rugged suppressor besides me! If you want to check them out, first go to quietbore.com, then to Creative arms. Creative arms is the parent company of Quitebore. They (Creative Arms) has been building commercial suppressors for years. Preston is the owner there and will walk you through the whole process! He helped me untangle a mistake on my form 1 for free!
I do not work for either company, but am on my second can through them, and going to get two more to fill the need to be quiet.
as for cost, $280 (normal price, I got it for $75 off on sale) for 9mm can, $75.00 for drill fixture, $100 for piston and $200 for stamp. 3 months wait time and they engrave for free!
Quietbore is putting it's nose where it doesn't belong with not shipping the product until you supply them with a form 1.
I recently heard about quietbore having insecure document storage and exposing your personal info and form 1 through open access url. Those kits aren't regulated. I would steer clear of QB, but I would recommend building a 22 can if you're handy with tools and have the equipment.

I don't mind paying a little extra and getting it done the legal route with no questionable methods even as ridiculous as the legal method is. QB and "solvent traps" looks like they could go sideways in a hurry. If I was going to go a route like that I would just spend the time on the lathe and get it done with a true form 1 build. I don't pretend to think I can replicate years and years of R&D in a few afternoons thou.

No problem with solvent traps if you form 1 then drill. Some are very well done and they are very effective. I have a lathe and a mill and have done MANY builds from scratch and many from really good "solvent traps" . Solvent traps are just unfinished silencers but thats the thing. Theyre unfinished so they arent silencers until YOU make them that way. Perfectly legal. Some are really good. Some arent. Quiet Bore are not very good silencers especially their 22 cans which are really bad and they have too many document requirements which are a result of their refusal to seperate their legal silencer business and their unfinished silencer business. Their document storage is a mystery. I have a real bona fide problem sending them sensitive tax documents because of their business practices.

I would NEVER buy anything from Quiet Bore and I'll buy anything.
TRUE... LOL . . SAME Here, not ashamed of shooting low-end as long as it works ....LOLHAhaha .
I bought a couple of their Centerfire Rifle Solvent kits ( .223-308 ) . They were 2 Lb. of weight each . But 'weight' that was not what Pissed Me Off about the Cans . It was the Baffles and the BAD loose tolerance in all Baffle's Outside Diam. to the Inside wall Diam. of the Tube . Shaking side to side, Baffles sounded like a spray Can of Paint with the marble banging the inside .
I gave one away, and I still got the other in box untouched . Those two kits I bought were total piles of crap, that were so BAD. they even offended my lowbrow White trash taste buds .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top