JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to the boards. I am in the process of shopping for a first handgun so I thought I would join this forum to gain information. There are so many different makes, medels and calibers it is taking me a long time to decide what is best for me. I look forward to some reading here!

New to the boards. I am in the process of shopping for a first handgun so I thought I would join this forum to gain information. There are so many different makes, medels and calibers it is taking me a long time to decide what is best for me. I look forward to some reading here!

What are you familiar with? Try going to a local gun range, some have the option of trying several different hand guns. If you try different calibers at the range then you have to pay for the different ammo for each gun which can get spendy.

Go for what fits your hand and is comfortable. Comfort first, caliber second. Caliber does you no good if the gun doesn't fit your hand and you can't hit what you are shooting at.

You're in the right place. NWFA is a great group of folks. They may get a little derailed on a topic or two but that's half the fun.

Welcome. Get that 1st and many will follow.

Then........IMHO you got one more step.........get a CCW. It's sort of an instant "badge" to carry around. Showing that you're one of the "good guys." Of course, it's still up to you if you choose to go around armed. But, I've found it useful when making a firearms deal/purchase face to face.

Not to mention, that you'll probably p%$$ off a LIBTARD.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads