JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone!
Moved to Portland 2 years ago and just barely finding this site a couple weeks ago.

I'm just a gun enthusiast trying to collect guns that California wouldn't let me.

You can probably find in the the FS section drooling over stuff my wife probably wouldn't want me to buy.

Welcome.gif

Aloha, Mark

Welcome and glad to have you aboard!

Don't hesitate too much on those purchases - by this time next year it's likely your choices will be no different than what you had in CA. Remind your wife that firearms are an investment as well as a recreation. If you buy new you will lose 15 to 25 percent, but after that value will increase. Buy used and frequently a sale is a break even proposition immediately. I've never sold at a loss and have made as much as eight times my initial investment, though admittedly I don't purchase firearms I don't intend to keep long term. Inflation will speed up that process.

There are threads out there that discuss what to prioritize. He who hesitates is lost.

Welcome and glad to have you aboard!

Don't hesitate too much on those purchases - by this time next year it's likely your choices will be no different than what you had in CA. Remind your wife that firearms are an investment as well as a recreation. If you buy new you will lose 15 to 25 percent, but after that value will increase. Buy used and frequently a sale is a break even proposition immediately. I've never sold at a loss and have made as much as eight times my initial investment, though admittedly I don't purchase firearms I don't intend to keep long term. Inflation will speed up that process.

There are threads out there that discuss what to prioritize. He who hesitates is lost.
Thanks for the helpful information!

Thanks for the helpful information!
You are welcome, though I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Please don't shoot the messenger and by all means vote!

I would make a CHP one of your first priorities. Still easy, inexpensive, and "shall issue". It's also great for hiking when you don't want to open carry and don't want to freak out the woke granola crowd.

You are welcome, though I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Please don't shoot the messenger and by all means vote!

I would make a CHP one of your first priorities. Still easy, inexpensive, and "shall issue". It's also great for hiking when you don't want to open carry and don't want to freak out the woke granola crowd.
Oh I got that already! I also applied for it in Utah & Arizona.
At the moment I'm quietly working on some NFA items.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top