Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello NW.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mballducci, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mballducci

Mballducci United States New Member

Hello everyone. My name is Michael, I am 28, I live in Tacoma and I was introduced to firearms by my girlfriends dad this year. I foresee this new hobby lasting a lifetime and am excited to learn, educate and enjoy myself. You know those people that get into something and go research crazy and in a short period of time know a whole lot about what they are into?...Well, that's me. I understand research doesn't make up for experience but I have lots of time to acquire that.

I purchased my first firearm a week ago which is a Mossberg 500 field/defense combo. I also purchased a Hogue fore end and Tamer pistol grip for it. Next I plan to get myself some form of .22 because the ammo is affordable and it could be a fun way to practice habit and technique. I'll probably get a 10/22. Then a pistol. Not sure which one i'll go with yet but I will figure it out. I would love to get into shooting clay and eventually compete. I need a new form of competition in my life.

Thanks for reading my intro and I look forward to becoming an asset to the NW Firearms community.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Michael. I'm the same way when I get into something new, I try to research and learn everything about the topic. I'm sure you'll find plenty to learn here ;)

3. MikeIsh

MikeIsh Portland Member

Welcome, and Like the Mossberg 500, good reliable, and as you seem to have noticed very adaptable.

4. pilgrim7

pilgrim7 Pacific Northwest Member

Howdy!