1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello NW.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mballducci, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mballducci

Mballducci United States New Member

Hello everyone. My name is Michael, I am 28, I live in Tacoma and I was introduced to firearms by my girlfriends dad this year. I foresee this new hobby lasting a lifetime and am excited to learn, educate and enjoy myself. You know those people that get into something and go research crazy and in a short period of time know a whole lot about what they are into?...Well, that's me. I understand research doesn't make up for experience but I have lots of time to acquire that.

I purchased my first firearm a week ago which is a Mossberg 500 field/defense combo. I also purchased a Hogue fore end and Tamer pistol grip for it. Next I plan to get myself some form of .22 because the ammo is affordable and it could be a fun way to practice habit and technique. I'll probably get a 10/22. Then a pistol. Not sure which one i'll go with yet but I will figure it out. I would love to get into shooting clay and eventually compete. I need a new form of competition in my life.

Thanks for reading my intro and I look forward to becoming an asset to the NW Firearms community.
  2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome Michael. I'm the same way when I get into something new, I try to research and learn everything about the topic. I'm sure you'll find plenty to learn here ;)
  3. MikeIsh

MikeIsh Portland Member

Welcome, and Like the Mossberg 500, good reliable, and as you seem to have noticed very adaptable.
  4. pilgrim7

pilgrim7 Pacific Northwest Member