JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone. My name is Jon. I am 38 and live in NE Portland. I have owned guns my whole life and currently carry a concealed pistol 95% of the time in Oregon and Washington. I just recently bought a new pistol and really want to get some rounds through it. My normal shooting spot is The Place To Shoot in Portland. I have also shot a few times at the Clackamas County range. My problem is that I have some old ammo I want to shoot and also run some personal defense hollow point rounds through my new gun which is strictly forbidden at both ranges I am familiar with. I have done a bunch of reading online today and found The English Pit in Vancouver. They confirmed I can bring whatever ammo I want and shoot there, which I am leaning towards doing tomorrow. However, I would like to practice some drawing from concealment and maybe some firing from the hip. Those things are not allowed at that range. I went shooting down near Estacada years ago and had lots of fun but I don't remember where it was or if it was totally legal. Can someone point me in the direction to do some outdoor, unregulated shooting near Portland? Preferably less than an hours drive? Thanks for your time!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you!
Check out our site clean ups threads and join up. it's a great chance to meet and greet fellow gun owners and get a little shooting in while your at it! :s0155:

Hello and welcome. Outdoor options, off highway 26 is North Fork Wolf Creek Range and then a little further down the road is Salmonberry Shooting Pit. Safefire up in Camas, WA let's you bring your own ammo. You'll have to take their class if you want to be able to draw from concealment. Probably not able to shoot from the hip however.

Greetings program!

8831770D-CAFC-4D5A-8531-C35675972FE3.jpeg

Your best bet for practical would be to join a gun club or range which allows such.

Up your ways? No idea what's nearby, honestly.

Maybe map out time / distance wise down to TriCounty & Douglas Ridge?

Both may have wait lists for new members though.

Welcome aboard. Go find a logging road that doesn't say no shooting and that isnt being actively logged and have fun! Out in Longview where I shoot is logging territory and it's good to go

Welcome Jon! Look into Johnson Creek gun club. You always bring your own ammo there. Pistols only (except for 22LR) and no magnum loads.

Welcome! The improved lanes at N Wolf Creek that Muggs mentioned are a great place. Get there early though if you're heading out during the weekend though. They are very popular.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top