JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello friends. I am looking for some legal help (pro bono).

I have put together a business plan for a new proposed shooting range in Hillsboro Oregon. The model I am following is that of the Frisco Gun Club in Texas (www.friscogunclub.com). I have the business name, url, etc. I am now meeting with the city officials to talk about location. The city tells me that I face an uphill battle and has suggested that I get an attorney. I am looking for an attorney in the Hillsboro Oregon area that has a passion for shooting that would help me navigate these waters. If you are able to assist me or know someone that can, please PM me.
Thank You

Since you are asking for pro bono I have to ask.. are you familiar with the start up capital required for an indoor gun range? Best of luck to you, the more the merrier I say, but yes... uphill battle sounds right.

Free advice is frequently worth the price we pay for it. I am also concerned about the issue of insufficient funding, which is probably the foremost cause of business failures.

You'll need to survive at least three years of losses to beat the typical startup curve, safer to say four, to say nothing of an insufficient promotions budget, which would rank highly in the 'why we flopped' list.

That's not to say we don't wish you well, because we do.

good luck to you. It is my dream to get some land on the west side and build an outdoor range. Given the 1000 person wait at tri county I think it would be pretty easy to get some business. It would be less expensive for an outdoor range since indoor is something like $15,000 per lane to build just to start.

Ideally you could find an existing structure outside city limits that could be retrofitted with the berms and exhaust ventilation necessary for an indoor range. It wouldn't take anything fancy in terms of HVAC or office space, but it will take a heckuva insurance policy!

Good luck - if it launches, I'll be in the first signup.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top