JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol, thats the question we've been chasing for over a MONTH now! I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you might be ( or anyone else you may know) but I'm stumped and getting stumped-er... so I'll take every bit of help I can throw at her right now! The back-info is: about two months ago she started out with one incident of being real hesitant on acceleration, sputtered a bit like she was starved for something vital, then picked it back up sluggishly at first, then it was like nothing ever happened... she drove fine after that for a week and it happened again, twice in the same day... after that it was every other day, then every day, then every time she was driven, which is where it's still stymied...

here's what we've done thus far...

started with checking the fuel and air filters... air filter fine, fuel filter looked like it was full of muddy river water, complete with mud... changed the filter. After that we dropped the fuel tank, emptied out the gas which was sorta baby5#!t-green, cleaned the inside of the tank, dried it, in the meantime cleaned and dried the fuel lines. gave her fresh top tier gas.. no improvement.

after that the egr and maf sensors were visited and cleaned, the fuel rail cleaned out, fuel injectors did need to be replaced and were... still no improvement.

took the cat off and it was pretty dirty, so we cleaned it and put it back on, checked the vacuum lines- all good... and changed out the fuel pressure regulator and the sparks... the fuel pump works just fine... the throttle body has been cleaned out... and she's had royal purple fuel injector cleaner and mystery oil added to her fuel intake a couple times each.

and through all this we've had the same OBDII read of P0172, Bank 1... but we've also had an egr code, a vacuum leak code, a lean fuel situation once and then a rich fuel situation the rest of the time, a misfire code on cylinder 4, and all are cleared now except for the P0172, Bank 1 and rich fuel situation...
I'd love to be able to replace the air-fuel sensor and 02 sensor and at least check the coil packs (which I have no idea how to do)... because other than the pcv and the iac.. I don't think theres much else that could be the red herring here...

Tuesday is dads 1999 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L ATM regular cab.. so I HAVE to figure this out eventually.. but I'm a Door Dash driver... and broke after all this, so I'm stuck for a minute...

If you have any suggestions or tips or advice, I'd love to hear it!
I suggest you look for a forum on your vehicle and ask them: vehicle make enthusiast . I had a problem with a Jeep that was stalling in traffic, did a search and found the answer ten minutes after I limped it home. Had a similar problem in a Ram pickup and it was the fuel pump. Sux because I had to drop the fuel tank to access. On a lot of trucks there is a way to lift the bed to access. Not necessarily your issue, but my experience is that if you find the right forum someone has the answer.

Lol, thats the question we've been chasing for over a MONTH now! I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you might be ( or anyone else you may know) but I'm stumped and getting stumped-er... so I'll take every bit of help I can throw at her right now! The back-info is: about two months ago she started out with one incident of being real hesitant on acceleration, sputtered a bit like she was starved for something vital, then picked it back up sluggishly at first, then it was like nothing ever happened... she drove fine after that for a week and it happened again, twice in the same day... after that it was every other day, then every day, then every time she was driven, which is where it's still stymied...

started with checking the fuel and air filters... air filter fine, fuel filter looked like it was full of muddy river water, complete with mud... changed the filter. After that we dropped the fuel tank, emptied out the gas which was sorta baby5#!t-green, cleaned the inside of the tank, dried it, in the meantime cleaned and dried the fuel lines. gave her fresh top tier gas.. no improvement.

after that the egr and maf sensors were visited and cleaned, the fuel rail cleaned out, fuel injectors did need to be replaced and were... still no improvement.

took the cat off and it was pretty dirty, so we cleaned it and put it back on, checked the vacuum lines- all good... and changed out the fuel pressure regulator and the sparks... the fuel pump works just fine... the throttle body has been cleaned out... and she's had royal purple fuel injector cleaner and mystery oil added to her fuel intake a couple times each.

and through all this we've had the same OBDII read of P0172, Bank 1... but we've also had an egr code, a vacuum leak code, a lean fuel situation once and then a rich fuel situation the rest of the time, a misfire code on cylinder 4, and all are cleared now except for the P0172, Bank 1 and rich fuel situation...
I'd love to be able to replace the air-fuel sensor and 02 sensor and at least check the coil packs (which I have no idea how to do)... because other than the pcv and the iac.. I don't think theres much else that could be the red herring here...

Tuesday is dads 1999 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L ATM regular cab.. so I HAVE to figure this out eventually.. but I'm a Door Dash driver... and broke after all this, so I'm stuck for a minute...

Ok I am waiting for a response and when I get it I will let you know what they suggest

Dang, Gurl, that's a lot of crap to have to go through! Toyota's are not supposed to have that much trouble! Have you taken it to a mechanic? Might have to be the next step. Sorry I don't know much about the Toyota line. Plus I'm not much of a backyard mechanic either!

Perhaps there are some resources on this forum that can help solve your problem! After all, you are family now, and we take care of our own.
I was gonna say, the amount of work she's done on that rig trying to chase down the problem is way beyond my capabilities. I woulda hung it up and taken it to a mechanic after the whole gas tank thing. Blowing out the lines woulda been the red line in the sand for me. :s0140:

Hope this helps. MAF sensor or O2 sensor.

Fine thank you, and yourself?
Just a dandy... whoops! :rolleyes: I meant... just dandy!

Awkward Jim Carrey GIF

I was going to mention the same thing. I think it's great that you respond to everyone with a real live post, which is unusual here, but don't feel obligated to do so. Ultimately, that could end up taking up a lot of your time chasing down every single reply. To save time for yourself, just use the "Like" emoji (or any of the others for that matter) as a signal to whomever that you've seen/read their reply to you. All of us call that good here. ;) :s0155:

Again, really sorry about your dad. Terrible thing...
:s0151: How's that?.... I couldn't find the thumbs up guy quickly...

Thank you, good Sir.. and madam! I've not heard of East Anglia til just now, but I'll be sure to do my homework! I've family I've never met in Wales and one or two 'Shires... but I've never even left North America ... (and my dreams of doing so seem to be fading without my leave!!) I'll never lose hope though... Griffon Vultures are the prettiest of the lot, I think.. say, whats the deal with all the vultures in your neck of the wood, anyway? At least 3 different species including one of the same as yours in Guernsey, plus an Egyptian vulture, where was that? Norway? and then a Spanish black vulture up and over in Holland? Vultures aren't known for enjoying the London Fog, to my recollection! I hope some day we'll be able to shake hands like proper people and rub elbows like proper peers! Cheers!
'Our' vulture is a rescue bird, having been taken from a Swedish freighter/container ship at the port of Felixstowe a few years back. The UK does not have any kind of vulture species, like most of North-West Europe, although Germany has the Lammergeier - a HUGE bird of the carrion persuasion, although, as you can tell by the name, it's not averse to collecting the odd new-born lamb or two.

You've been reading way too much Sherlock Holmes - 'London fog' is a myth, perpetuated by Americans who also believe that all men here wear bowlers - derby to you - and women wear crinoline dresses.

East Anglia - former home of the Eastern Angles.

1660746582506.png

Having family in Wales is a good thing - perhaps - depending on which part of Wales they inhabit. Mrs tac is half-Welsh, but in typical 'halfity' speaks not a word of the language. As for never having left North America, well, that's understandable, given that everything you could possibly want can be found there somewhere.

Last Edited:
'Our' vulture is a rescue bird, having been taken from a Swedish freighter/container ship at the port of Felixstowe a few years back. The UK does not have any kind of vulture species, like most of North-West Europe, although Germany has the Lammergeier - a HUGE bird of the carrion persuasion, although, as you can tell by the name, it's not averse to collecting the odd new-born lamb or two.

You've been reading way too much Sherlock Holmes - 'London fog' is a myth, perpetuated by Americans who also believe that all men here wear bowlers - derby to you - and women wear crinoline dresses.

View attachment 1259766

Having family in Wales is a good thing - perhaps - depending on which part of Wales they inhabit. Mrs tac is half-Welsh, but in typical 'halfity' speaks not a word of the language. As for never having left North America, well, that's understandable, given that everything you could possibly want can be found there somewhere.
Is it possible that the way that Americans portray London or pretty much most other places factual but highly over exaggerated? Just like typical people from other places think that Americans look like either John Wayne or Al Capone? Just curious

Is it possible that the way that Americans portray London or pretty much most other places factual but highly over exaggerated? Just like typical people from other places think that Americans look like either John Wayne or Al Capone? Just curious
Is that American men AND wimmin?

Lots of good stuff on Youtube from Americans who actually live here by choice, including a beautiful black family who moved here a couple of years back, just before the covid thing. Mac, the dad, offers very good advice to anybody coming here from the US of A, as well as telling how it is living here.

Hope this helps. MAF sensor or O2 sensor.
That sounds about right. Clean the MAF first, that is the easiest. You will find it somewhere between the filter and the intake on the engine. You just spray it with sensor cleaner that you can get at any auto parts store. Sensor itself should be $50-100. Lots of vids online I am sure.

So, as I mentioned, I was looking to find at least one, hopefully more places that are outdoor where my boyfriend, Alex and I could go do some target practice at our own leisure. I didn't even think there were this many folks LEFT in Oregon outside of law enforcement who would participate in the same sort of recreation, although, in my mind it's more like keeping a skill sharp to ensure the safest outcome in the event that one has no other choice but to call upon it, but it's fun too, so I suppose it still fits the bill.
I was introduced to firearms by my late father who was killed November 3, 2017 in his own home in Lake Havasu City, Arizona...by his own .380 auto, in short, due to the fact that they had already defunded their police. My dad would absolutely agree that NOW is DEFINITELY the time to be communicating with like minded individuals to do WHATEVER we can to help ensure that our 2nd amendment rights remain as such. He was also a stickler for helping to keep "plinkin spots" cleaned up for the next person...even if you didn't make the mess to begin with and instilled that in us when we were knee-high to grasshoppers.
At the present moment, my pickup (her name is Tuesday, fyi) is OOC, so I won't be able to participate JUST yet, but, after reading through several of your posts, I look forward to being able to help out in the future to help keep the PNW .... well... the PNW... because I firmly believe that it's not going to be recognizable to us in short order if we just sit around and wait for someone else to do it and I just wouldn't even want to live here anymore at ALL if it changed much more than it has over the last 25 years since I moved here from California by way of Bellingham, WA...
Some things to know about me... I'm 45 as of February, my kids are grown, but may or may not sometimes be available to participate, my current "employment" is on HOLD until my pickup is restored to operational, I'm a delivery driver/courier in the on-demand delivery sector, which suits me best because I suffer from migraine headaches from time to time and also insomnia, so being able to work whenever I CAN is a Godsend. I'm formerly a CMA, which function I performed at the Dept. of Medicine Faculty Practice at Providence St.Vincent Hospital for several years in the early 2000's and also formerly a CNA, which I studied for at Family Health West in Fruita, CO and continued momentarily at Regency Adult Rehab and Recovery in Gresham upon my return to Oregon. I'm a hobbyist photographer and nature lover and I vote INDEPENDENT... because I've never been a fan of popularity contests, especially where merit and experience should be most important. Finally, I have a tinyish dog, his name is Sir Wicket Von Wuf... but we just call him Woof, Wicket, or Poopers usually. He's half reindeer chihuahua, half common shih tsu, half spaghetti, and all personality. He's getting up there in years just like his momma, this Sept he will be 10 years young and he's my favorite person in the whole world. I'm not much of a social butterfly, but, for once, I do look forward to meeting a whole bunch of new people that seem to have their heads and their hearts in the right places!

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
Welcome to the community. I like North Fork of Wolf Creek. I am also in health care as a nurse. If at Wolf Creek you see a heavy, middle aged, & short guy shooting an old Sten machine gun, that is likely me.

View attachment 1259766

LOL, nothing wrong with Holmes! ... Mostly... or crinoline dresses... unless you have to wear one! Do Americans generally believe such rubbish, though? Really? I don't actually speak to a great many and fashion is typically the least of my concerns when I do... but somehow, it wouldn't come as a shock were it true! Comparatively speaking, in my opinion, the bulbs are a bit dimmer in this hemisphere, but I do believe that's by design. You did mention the rescue bit in your first post, I think. Still, a very cool concept. I think our zoos here have a sort of sponsorship program where folks can "share" an animal, at least in as much as to say that they help pay for the animals welfare as long as it's housed by the institution.
As for having everything a body could possibly want... I don't think that's really a "good thing", to be frank. I'd rather just have everything I really need. After that point, the wants sort of take care of themselves, with the exception of travel, freedom, and governance, I think. Pretty much anything else is out of my control, so not a thing that should be dwelled on!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top