JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome aboard.
Not that I am aware of.
It's illegal to discharge a BB gun or bow in your yard, if my memory serves correctly from the last time I read the city regs. Where it becomes gray is that Beaverton is a patchwork quilt of annexations. Depends on which LE agency shows up to your door, WaCo or Bvtn.
Edit to add, but if you're in Aloha side, you're probably GTG there -- those guys are rednecks. :D:D J/K

No. Do not shoot airguns or bows inside the urban boundaries/et. al. defined within this restricted shooting map:

(1)A person commits the crime of unlawful use of a weapon if the person:

(a)Attempts to use unlawfully against another, or carries or possesses with intent to use unlawfully against another, any dangerous or deadly weapon as defined in ORS 161.015 (General definitions); or

(b)Intentionally discharges a firearm, blowgun, bow and arrow, crossbow or explosive device within the city limits of any city or within residential areas within urban growth boundaries at or in the direction of any person, building, structure or vehicle within the range of the weapon without having legal authority for such discharge.

---

Airguns are considered "firearms" for the purpose of this restriction.

5.08.225 Discharging a Weapon.
A. No person shall intentionally discharge a firearm into or across a public place or while located in a public place.

B. No person shall intentionally discharge a pellet gun, BB gun, bow and arrow, sling shot, or other similar weapon that expels a projectile by means other than by the action of smokeless powder.

C. This section shall not prohibit the discharge of a firearm or a weapon that expels a projectile by means other than by the action of smokeless powder while at a reasonably safe and regularly operated firing range.

D. This section does not prohibit the discharge of a replica firearm displayed in accordance with the replica firearms ordinance or the discharge of a weapon that expels a projectile by means other than by the action of smokeless powder, so long as the projectile expelled upon discharge is one of the following:

1. A commercially manufactured spherical projectile which contains paint and which is designed to break and splatter upon impact, commonly known as a "paintball";

2. A commercially manufactured spherical projectile with a diameter between and including 5.98 and 8 millimeters, constituted of common styrene plastic or biodegradable plastic, weighing no more than 0.36 gram per sphere.

E. A person who violates this section commits a Class B misdemeanor. [BC 5.08.225, added by Ordinance No. 3703, 12/18/89; Ordinance No. 4009, 6/16/98; Ordinance No. 4423, 2/26/07]

---

5.08.227 Seizure and Forfeiture of Weapons.

The unlawful possession of a firearm, the unlawful carrying of a concealed weapon or loaded firearm, and the unlawful discharging of a weapon are a nuisance. Any weapon taken from the person or a vehicle of any person unlawfully possessing, carrying or discharging the same is a nuisance, and shall be surrendered to the police department and disposed of pursuant to the procedures provided at ORS 166.280. [BC 5.08.227, added by Ordinance No. 3703, passed December 27, 1989]

Unfortunately here in the Beav' there really no place to shoot even a pellet gun safely or legally within city limits. Your best bet would be to find someone who still owns some acreage and go there. Even that's getting harder to find though as every bit of acreage out here is being turned into new sub developments. There's always Tri County gun club but that seems a bit overkill for bb/pellet guns. If you don't mind a 30-40 minute drive down 26 the shooting lanes in Tillamook National Forest are open and free. Otherwise your options here are either garage or crawlspace.

Welcome to the club. I'm somewhat shocked myself, that a BB gun is a restricted firearm. When I was growing up, it was dang near a requirement for kids to shoot out a couple windows and down a few birds with a BB/pellet gun before the age of 12. Sheesh....

Welcome to the club. I'm somewhat shocked myself, that a BB gun is a restricted firearm. When I was growing up, it was dang near a requirement for kids to shoot out a couple windows and down a few birds with a BB/pellet gun before the age of 12. Sheesh....
Most municipalities these days have an ordinance regarding discharging pneumatic weapons or pressure devices (think Mentos in a coke bottle, closed cap). Thanks Karen's....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top