JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everybody! I'm joining the party a little late, being in my 30's, but I grew up in The Gorge so i did a little bit of shooting by way of growing up in the sticks. I purchased my first personal firearm a couple of months ago after going shooting with my brother a few times, and i have no idea why i hadn't taken it up earlier. I'd like to find a range in the area, but the pickings are slim, so i guess i'll stick to plinking in the woods for now. The practical rifle comp that TCGC puts on looks really interesting, and i bet its loads of fun, i'd love to give it a try at some point! Thanks for all the good information and reading in general!

Josh

Welcome from another Yamhill county resident. I know what you mean by the ranges lucky my best friend is a member of tcgc and he invites me along. Otherwise its blm area or Newberg range.

welcome to the forum! :s0155:

Thanks Bane!

Welcome from another Yamhill county resident. I know what you mean by the ranges lucky my best friend is a member of tcgc and he invites me along. Otherwise its blm area or Newberg range.

Thanks Strick! I like heading out into the woods to shoot for sure. I'm in Lafayette, so its not too far to get out to Carlton and up the hill, but still the closest spots are ~45 min away. And people leave those areas so tore up, so i find myself driving further out to find spots that i don't feel obligated to haul bags upon bags of garbage down (which is why i think weyerhauser closed down some of the lower areas they may own, the clearings below the reservoir were posted recently). For an area with so many firearm enthusiasts, there sure is a shortage of places to shoot. I would love to try out the practical rifle competition at TCGC some time, but unless they waive the annual membership ;), i doubt i'll get to it for a while. Three kids 3yrs and under and the single income make it tough to rationalize the expense for what would amount to a couple of trips a month.

BTW, I'm trying to build up my collection a little bit, lol..from 2, and was wondering where to find lower tier firearms on the west side of portland? $200-$400 range....by low-tier, i don't mean low quality, i'm just getting started on my collection and want a couple of good affordable guns to shoot. I'm just a little gun shy (HA) about going to shops, i know they have to make their money, i just want to give myself the best chance to find a good deal from someone with a conscience. I don't have anything in particular i'm looking for, i have a couple of .22lr's so preferrably not another one of those, but i really enjoy shooting, so whatever i can get ahold of from somebody trustworthy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top