JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently got a Smith & Wesson Shield 2.0 9mm with Crimson Trace light and laser combo for a daily carry. Waiting on my CPL background check to go through and my StealthGearUSA IWB Mini to get finished.
Also recently picked up a Mossberg Shockwave and a KAC SR-15 lower to start on my AR pistol build from Stryker Industries store in Monroe, WA.
Stumbled on this forum recently while looking at legality of carrying a loaded shockwave in a vehicle in Washington. It will most likely be a dedicated HD gun, but would rather know if I'm legal or not (already found that thread btw) to drive around with it loaded since it's not a shotgun.

Already installed Carlson's ported barrel, Crimson Trace green laser, promag metal safety, GG&G 6 round side saddle shell holder, and rubberized grip sleeve.
Still need to install the Streamlight forend, pending the forend nut wrench delivery.

Trying to keep it simple and functional. Considered doing the pistol grip and brace, but like to keep it short for now.
Been lurking for a bit, finally decided to post.

Shield only has HYVE +2 mag extensions to make it fit in hand better.

Here are a few photos of the Shockwave.
20200701_174431.jpg 20200701_174046.jpg 20200701_174114.jpg 20200701_174012.jpg

Last Edited:
Thank you!
Welcome to NWFA.

I dig the ported barrel... does it help at all or just look super-cool? Did the FO front sight come preinstalled?
Thanks! According to the video on Optics Planet from Carlson's it seems to help quite a bit with recoil and kick as its ported on top with pretty aggressive angle back to push it down and forward. I didn't take it out shooting yet, so will report later. The front sight comes pre-mounted on their front barrel, which was a nice touch.
What agency in WA is open to the public and processing CPL applications?
Snohomish County Sheriff's office and all their precincts are still doing it. By appointment only though due to covid. I think Sultan, WA still has walk ins during some afternoon hours, but I think they're booked up with appointments. YMMV.
See this link to schedule your appointment:

Mentioning the State of Jefferson...with all the furor about destroying any elements (statues) of those who did or may have owned slaves, are we to expect that all the streets, towns, counties and state (Washington) should have their names changed? Perhaps we could go back as far as Amerigo Vespucci for whom America was named and determine if he had slaves. Just thinking.....

Thank you!
Mentioning the State of Jefferson...with all the furor about destroying any elements (statues) of those who did or may have owned slaves, are we to expect that all the streets, towns, counties and state (Washington) should have their names changed? Perhaps we could go back as far as Amerigo Vespucci for whom America was named and determine if he had slaves. Just thinking.....
Don't tell anyone that US Capitol is actually named after Christopher Columbus.. ;) That said, hopefully politics will get better before they get worse.

Thank you!

Don't tell anyone that US Capitol is actually named after Christopher Columbus.. ;) That said, hopefully politics will get better before they get worse.
Looks like we'll have to rename that big creek that flows between WA and OR, too... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top