JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up. My interest in RKBA issues has gone up exponentially in recent months as a result of the stupidity we've heard in the wake of the mass murder incidents that happened in 2012. That said, I'm not really here to get into debates but simply to find some like-minded owners. Being in the Seattle area, I run into a lot of ignoramuses (ignorami?) when it comes to firearms.

My background is something of a TLDR so feel free to read as much or as little as you want.

I started buying guns when I turned 21. I've got a .38spl pre model 10 Smith, a Colt MK IV 1911 in 38 super, a Remington 541T, a Kahr PM9 and a Bushy AR with a 24" barrel (a bad habit of going off the beaten path in some way in every case). Currently poking around very casually/lazily for a 3914 Ladysmith for the girlfriend and an M-14 for my father (see below for reason). The pistols are for CCW/HD and the rifles are projects for varmint duty--I grew up patrolling my backyard with an air rifle for various nuisance critters. Planning to get a few acres farther out from the city and maybe get an NFA trust set up with some cans for my rifles. Sadly, due to ammo prices I spend a lot more time searching for and modding my guns than actually shooting them.

I didn't grow up around firearms, but my dad served in the Taiwanese army in the 1970s shortly before he moved to the US. His stories of that time piqued my interest in guns--as a radioman in a front line unit stationed just off the coast of mainland China, he was one of the first to be issued an M-14/Type 57 after its adoption by the ROCA in '69, and got to "plink" with a superior officer's .45 on occasion to boot.

For my own part I grew up in the Midwest but have lived on the Eastside in WA for about 20 years now. I am a UW alum, recent NRA member and published semi-pro writer. My day jobs have pretty much all been white collar back office stuff--finance, accounting, HR, etc. My non gun related pasttimes are video games and working on a novel.

That's all for now--good to be here.

Welcome. IMHO you got one more step........if you didn't do it already........get a CCW. It's sort of an instant "badge" to carry around. Showing that you're one of the "good guys." Of course, it's still up to you if you choose to go around Washington armed. But, I've found it very useful when making a firearms deal/purchase face to face.

Aloha, Mark

I was fortunate enough to decide to get mine in 2011, long before the insane wait times started (took about a month) They were only open four hours a week for it too.

Wish they'd bothered to laminate, but oh well--I keep mine in a soft trading card sleeve.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top