JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I am a recent transplant from the east coast. I've been shooting on and off for 47 years. Mostly Bullseye pistol and smallbore rifle competitions at the club level. The last few years I've started shooting Steel Challenge and IDPA as well. I'll probably be trying my hand at sporting clays soon as my home club on Vashon has a weekly match that is popular.

I am an educator and former merchant mariner. Married with two children. I enjoy hiking, biking, old cars, guitars, boats, and caring for some timberland we own.

I am looking forward to shooting some matches and making connections in the PNW shooting sports community.

Best to all,

Hugh (aka Walton Feep)

Holy smokes, I thought I was one of the few people on this forum that may have ever heard, or known about, Vashon.

Do they do Steel Challenge or IDPA at the club? I didn't know that, or ever heard of that.

As for clay's, next time you go up against Mickey tell him hi for me. ;)

Still have lots of family on the Island. Excellent place to visit. When I do get the chance to visit the family, I always regret having to leave the Island. Such a peaceful place to visit.

Welcome to the site!

VSC doesn't do SC or IDPA. I go to either Renton or Eatonville (where we also have property) for SC. I've shot Bullseye at TRRC too. It also seems USPSA is more popular than IDPA here so I will likely try it.

Guitars you say?

686 Tele.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Very nice guitar and pistol. One of my music buddies plays one of those semi-hollow types with the big soap bar pick-ups. He likes it a lot. My only electric 6 string guitar is a Tele Frankenstein that I assembled from parts. Plays and sounds great. I also have a real Fender bass guitar, and two Martin acoustics. Music and shooting. Good livin'! My only problem is deciding which I'm going to do today.

Vashon! The little spot that has the reputation as the most liberal town in the US.

Beautiful place with lots of good folks.

Welcome to the site :)

Worked there for years at Seattles Best Coffee. Other than the unusually large congregation of Lesbians I never thought it a very liberal place . There was definitely a schism the old school town folk and the commuters who worked in Seattle but liberal in its own right, no way. Pretty much a rural farm town.

If you're pleased with your move, congratulations. Welcome to this forum.

40-plus years ago, Pt. Defiance was a cheap place for G.I.'s to fish. Fished from the old boat house, and the gamefish tag was free. We could see Vashon Island off in the distance, but making 300-bucks a month, there was no money for frivolous ferry trips to far away places like Vashon Island, so I never saw the place. It was many years later that I finally took the ferry ride, on foot, and I never got off the boat. Now I see only Seattle, so I'll likely never be there again.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Worked there for years at Seattles Best Coffee. Other than the unusually large congregation of Lesbians I never thought it a very liberal place . There was definitely a schism the old school town folk and the commuters who worked in Seattle but liberal in its own right, no way. Pretty much a rural farm town.
My wife graduated from high school on Vashon in the 70s and worked at K2 for a couple years. She said the fights were almost always between the hippies and the loggers. There is definitely a mix of politics. I am proud to display my "Vashon Sportsman's Club" sticker on the pickup.

Last Edited:
Theres still a bunch of hippies on the island but by and large they just got priced off the island. Hard to find anywhere to live on that rock under a $Million. I think that mostly they congregate in Portland now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top