JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there NWF!

My name is Josh Fonzi, or just "The Fonz" for those of you who know me from training/shooting at Threat Dynamics. I'm kicking off some long overdue discussions with all our local shooters on the things that keep us doing what we do. For so many of us, shooting is so much more than just a sport. Were I to spend an hour at the batting cages swinging at baseballs, the feeling and motivation would be eminently different from an hour spent training on the range or in the simulator. So many of us do it with all the same joy and elan, but with so much more gravity and determination... I look forward to speaking with all of you in the community and hopefully contributing things that you may find interesting or useful here and beyond.
Keep your steel handy and your powder dry, folks.
Regards,

J. Fonzi

Can I shoot 50 beowulf at your range? I see up to .308 rifle and 50 AE pistol, just not sure how the 50 beowulf fit. thanks

Hi Bolus,
Unfortunately, .50 Beowulf is a no-go. It isn't the backstop that's the limiting factor, however. Our bullet trap can safely handle .50 BMG. It's the report and concussion and how it would affect other shooters on the indoor range. Hence, .308 Win becomes the de facto upper limit, which also disappoints our Mosin Nagant and M1 Garand enthusiasts as well. Wish it weren't so, but alas it is.

I took my wife to your guy's new range, and it was great! She had a great time as did I. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I love the assortment of firearms and suppressors you have available for rent. I definitely see myself spending more time there in the future.

Hi Bolus,
Unfortunately, .50 Beowulf is a no-go. It isn't the backstop that's the limiting factor, however. Our bullet trap can safely handle .50 BMG. It's the report and concussion and how it would affect other shooters on the indoor range. Hence, .308 Win becomes the de facto upper limit, which also disappoints our Mosin Nagant and M1 Garand enthusiasts as well. Wish it weren't so, but alas it is.

Darn darn darny darn!

Sounds like a good reason to build yourself a form 1 suppressor :D

I guess I could put an AAC cyclops on there. Bonus is that I'd also use it to store 50 gallons of water when not using it :)

jhxN5F3.jpg

Threat Dynamic's is totally awesome! I had the privilege of doing some simulations after a TWAW meeting. I'm hoping to get to another meeting soon...I live in the Columbia River Gorge and wish you guys were here. Keep up the great work!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top