JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was surfing around and got directed to this site and was reading about ARs. I was a Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director at Aberdeen Proving Ground and I was selected to test the M16A1E1 for the USMC in 1982 and there are some interesting things about the AR that are rarely reported. I expended 244,000 rounds on that test for the USMC and got a commendation from Commandant USMC for it. I am also a Benefactor Member of NRA and shot my first NRA rifle match in 1957.
Prior to going to Aberdeen PG I worked in the Army Small Cal Weapons Lab Picatinny Arsenal NJ and was engineer in charge of "rifles, shotguns and SMGs and associated equpment" and did catastrophic failure investigation on M16A1.

What's your opinion on frogs? :s0028:

:D;) Just kidding!!

Back in the day, I packed around the M60, M16A1, and 1911A1 all over Central America.... never had any issues (with the kit), and it got the job done.

Welcome to the forum, there's a good amount of entertainment, intelligence, and outright dumb around here... it should provide many hours of entertainment for you. ;)

Welcome.

I attended a couple schools at Aberdeen Proving Ground in '72 and '82 .

95ffa631-1a4c-4729-b963-6b65989ecf45_1.bb23f0315a895631f144f91949e28acf.jpeg

Last Edited:
During the Summer of '68 I went through the Small Arms Repairman School at APG and the wonderful things I learned their have worked for me well over the years since.

I still remember that all that is "NEEDED" is a GO Ballpoint pen and I can disassemble a 1911A1 completely and I mean COMPLETELY! Now that's a memory.

Welcome

Are you the same Hummer from AmBack/Gunhub? Either way, welcome aboard, I just ask out of curiosity.

Also, the guys over at M4Carbine.net would probably kill for the chance to pick your brain as a SME. :)

What's your opinion on frogs? :s0028:

:D;) Just kidding!!

Back in the day, I packed around the M60, M16A1, and 1911A1 all over Central America.... never had any issues (with the kit), and it got the job done.

Welcome to the forum, there's a good amount of entertainment, intelligence, and outright dumb around here... it should provide many hours of entertainment for you. ;)

Had an ex college girl friend that ran around the jungles in the '70s with the rebels in Central America. She had a masters degree from a large and very distinguished mid-west university. I should have married her, but i was stupid. You were on a tour in Central America and what years?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top