Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello from the coast!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by picb, Oct 31, 2010.

1. picb

picb Cannon Beach, OR New Member

Hi, I just recently purchased a Henry .22 lever action and am having a great time with it. Total newb to firearms and shooting but learning as I go. I am aware of a couple shooting spots in the Cannon Beach/Seaside area and looking for others.

Great to meet other lever action enthusiasts or anyone who enjoys plinking.

2. RobertJ.

RobertJ. Seaside, OR Member

Howdy!
    I go through Astoria, out on Highway 202 past Olney. Go to mile marker 17, then take the first left. It's about 50 feet past the marker. It's a dead end logging road, with a halfway decent spot to shoot at the end. I rarely encounter anyone else out there. It's about an hour from Seaside, but a nice drive. Welcome to NWFA!

3. turboss

turboss Puyallup Member

Welcome! I am new here too but already learning a lot.

4. picb

Thanks! Good to meet you. If anyone has information on firearm safety training in the Clatsop county area I would be obliged.

5. RobertJ.

RobertJ. Seaside, OR Member

Hey!
    Go see Jeff at North Coast Shooter's Supply in Warrenton. Or call, it's 503-861-0174. Great little store!

6. picb

I heard about that store. Cannon Beach also has (believe it or not) a gun shop. Its above the Cannon Beach Surf and Mercantile. Website: Double Barrel Guns

7. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome!!!

8. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

Welcome picb! The more the merrier. This place is loaded with great people & great info.

9. picb

Thanks! The sun was out so I had a short lunchtime shooting session today. Trying to get my Henry sighted in correctly.

10. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

nice. that was for sure a nice day out here too. buddy & I were up in the woods past Estacada for a little plinking/gratuitous pumpkin slaughtering:laugh: And it sure felt good to be out in the sun, even when down on my knees in the mud picking up all our brass & enjoying this freakin' beautiful state! Ha, didn't realize til I got home that I had pumpkin guts all over my hat.