JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello everyone. I'm not exactly new here, but I never got around to posting one of these. I first joined Northwest Firearms about a year ago; I was trying to sell a pistol and a buddy of mine recommended the NWFA classifieds (sold!).

Though I grew up in a home without guns, several times a year during summers in high school my friends would all gather their dads' guns and we'd go out plinking. We had tons of fun shooting old toys and soda cans, and I always wanted to own guns of my own. I finally purchased my first rifle a few decades ago. :)

Lately I've been getting into pistols. I've accumulated more than I need, more than I have space for, but fewer than I want. :D My preferred control scheme is DA/SA, slide mounted safety/decocker.

I recently moved back to Spokane after years living in Seattle, only to find my favorite shooting spots have all been developed. I'm hoping to find a new outdoor plinking spot so all that money I spent on holsters wasn't wasted. :rolleyes: In the meantime I've been to ranges very infrequently, not the least due to the current ammo situation.

Since I can't shoot them much I've been passing the time dismantling and reassembling them. I ordered a few upgrades for and did a bit of polishing on the internals of my primary range gun; it dry fires smooth as silk. I've yet to take it to the range, but I'm planning a trip sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Happy shooting!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.
Thank you, I appreciate the tip. I don't see anything on the map east of Wenatchee, I don't suppose you know of anything in eastern Washington?

Welcome, east sider.

I'm slowly getting to know the Cheney Spokane area. I want to start learning Idaho as well , eventually.
Wenatchee, ellensburg and cle Ellum are going to be more my focus this spring and summer.
And banks lake looks like good fishing, but maybe not many shooting spots.

Not at all. It's out of my region of experience, but I'd definitely be willing to go that far for some good shooting. What's out there?
I can't figure out the degree symbol on the laptop.

I just spent half an hour trying to figure this out, wow. Check your PM's.

As to what's out there, bunch of decent shooting spots. I say a bunch, but it really isn't that many. There are plenty, but if you don't show up early, you may not get a spot. This time of year I think you can find something pretty easy, but when it warms up all bets are off. Realistically, I would say there are about 10-15 locations to shoot out there. Depending on what everyone is shooting, group size, terrain and weather conditions.

Hold on, it was way easy to drop a pin on my phone and get the coordinates. Not sure why the laptop doesn't want to work the same way.

These are all just kinda entry/parking area's off the road. Most of the coordinates have more than one place to setup a shooting lane. It is a free for all so you just have to use some common sense and I always talk to the adjacent folks if they are within about 100yards of me.

47°21'33"N 117°51'31"W (The main spot that people go to)
47°21'43"N 117°50'44"W (I see people here all the time, I've never shot here nor read the signage if there is any)
47°19'32"N 117°52'52"W
47°19'34"N 117°52'43"W
47°19'39"N 117°52'19"W

Last Edited:
Hold on, it was way easy to drop a pin on my phone and get the coordinates. Not sure why the laptop doesn't want to work the same way.
Fantastic, thank you! :)

I'll head out there when my current project is complete, mid-late March. I'll send you a PM beforehand, in case you want to go out too; we can join forces against the enemy silhouettes. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top