JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, NW Firearms,

My name is AnUnpronouncableAsianName, but you can call me "Myke." I am an 19 year old college student currently residing in SE Portland with my fiancé, whom I recently got into shooting.

I was originally from Vietnam, but I moved here as a young boy thanks to my grandfather's influence. I've been a proud American since then.

I've been shooting since I was young, but I feel as if I am still a novice. My fiancé and I are both wanting to get into Hunting, and more shooting, but don't really know where to start. If there are any local hunters bored enough to take in a couple of young guns and show them the ropes 'round Portland's shooting scene it would be greatly appreciated.

As of current we own an AR15 and a Marlin .22, but we're hoping to add another AR, a shotgun, and a left handed Rem700 .308 Bolt Action to the collection (Due to blindness in my right eye). We wish we had more time, but being so young in today's political climate makes us feel rushed and on edge to get what we can before we can't.

Anyways, I wanted to thank y'all for taking the time out of your day to read this. Have a good one, and God bless.

- Myke

12191941_1507039712928570_1881483224413789155_n.jpg

12191941_1507039712928570_1881483224413789155_n.jpg

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum. You will find a great bunch of people here and lots of good information with a minimum of BS that some other sites are plagued with. Enjoy! Gary

Welcome Myke. :) You might want to look at Highpower Rifle
competition. Coming up is a 'Clinic'. The Clinics and Cascade
League matches are set up to teach beginners. They have AR
rifles to loan. Contact Carl Haggland he is the Oregon Stat director.
Great bunch of guys and gals. I lot of fun shooting
matches at the gun clubs in this area. You can PM me with any questions.
http://www.ossa.org/uploads/2/5/3/2/25326702/2016_highpower_schedule.pdf

Last Edited:
Welcome Myke, I'm also viet living in Portland. Got into guns from my father-in-law. He's a gun nut. Lol. But I've been into guns for the last 4 years or so. I don't do alot of competitive shooting but just for fun and to relax.
This is a good site for information. There's also oregon pages on facebook for sell, buying, and gun discussions. There's a couple of great public ranges around town both indoor and outdoor. But I highly recommend joining a club/range if you do alot of shooting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top