JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy, been lurking here a couple months so I thought I'd finally join. Been watching the Measure 114 drama updates alot here..great source of info. Thanks all for the updates. I personally just finished a month long ordeal trying to acquire the last piece before it goes into effect..and finally picked it up today..a Ruger 10/22.

Anyhow, bit about me, I'm over 50, a vet and feeling cranky. ;) Wife said I need friends :). I'm a former IT type/Database programmer but left the profession a little over a year ago.

I've had a Glock for about 10 years, but during Covid started 'prepping' and built up a little shtf collection. Nothing impressive, I don't have anything special or rare..just practical. I'll post some pics in the 'show yer guns' thread.

Also, I'm a member of Four Corners in Salem, for now, but am looking for a place to break in my shotgun as the club doesn't allow that unless you sign up for $40 classes..even as a member. :(

Take care everyone.

Hello, I'm also a member at Fud Corner Rifle and Pistol club. They actulally did put in a two lane shotgun clay station at the lower/rifle range. No $40 required, just another person to load and launch the clays. If we could work it out I'd like to break in a couple new shotguns as well. Anyways, welcome to the best forum on the net.

Hello, I'm also a member at Fud Corner Rifle and Pistol club. They actulally did put in a two lane shotgun clay station at the lower/rifle range. No $40 required, just another person to load and launch the clays. If we could work it out I'd like to break in a couple new shotguns as well. Anyways, welcome to the best forum on the net.
Oh man, that would be like a Christmas Present :) I'll message you if I can figure it out here

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

1670345284036.png

1670345255880.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome to the forum. As @kmk1012 noted, you can use the thrower for flying clays at Four Corners for free, just bring you own clays and a partner. If you are looking for more ground target / home defense, this is an idea that might be coming, I'll message you. On New Year's Day the club has a super fun shoot for just a couple of dollars ($5 for members, $10 for non-members) where you shoot against another person to see who can knock over the ground targets first. It is a blast. There was a flyer in the last newsletter and will be posted on the website soon. It is a fun shoot more than a serious competition.

The $40 class is a defensive shotgun workshop through the Educational Foundation at the club offered occasionally (last weekend). It is not an open range time as we are working on specific defensive shotgun skills. I'm one of the instructors with a group from the Foundation for these events. Had a great time in snowy weather on Sunday.

Great to have you here on the forum!

(Sample of the targets from one of the past New Year's Shotgun Shoots)
SGverses010122_12web.jpg

Howdy, been lurking here a couple months so I thought I'd finally join. Been watching the Measure 114 drama updates alot here..great source of info. Thanks all for the updates. I personally just finished a month long ordeal trying to acquire the last piece before it goes into effect..and finally picked it up today..a Ruger 10/22.

Anyhow, bit about me, I'm over 50, a vet and feeling cranky. ;) Wife said I need friends :). I'm a former IT type/Database programmer but left the profession a little over a year ago.

I've had a Glock for about 10 years, but during Covid started 'prepping' and built up a little shtf collection. Nothing impressive, I don't have anything special or rare..just practical. I'll post some pics in the 'show yer guns' thread.

Also, I'm a member of Four Corners in Salem, for now, but am looking for a place to break in my shotgun as the club doesn't allow that unless you sign up for $40 classes..even as a member. :(

Take care everyone.
Im in Salem as well. I take the drive down to ARPC. haven't been to 4 corners but, it didn't seem as good when I was deciding which one to join.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top