JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone! I am an EXPAT from Santa Barbara CA, have been commuting to White Pass to ski for six years, stayed for the whole season this year... and am still here for the summer! Can't get enough of the Cascades, Mt Rainier, Mt Adams etc. Appreciate the gun laws/ownership here, and look forward to many more outings for target practice... and whenever summer decides to start, so much the better (still getting used to laying in the muck to sight in)! I lived in Kirkland in the mid seventies, and knew I would return to stay!
Appreciate the community forums you have here, I hope to be a positive part of it!

Thank you, CAL30M1!
I am planning my first hike into Packwood Lake for later this week: just trying to fit a kayak into my backpack now... which seems to require a chainsaw and duct tape... still adjusting to the Pacific Nothwet!

Thanks to you as well, swwjeff and moose!
We do (occasionally) have electricity here, but having a generator on hand to power a laptop & router to stay on the internet is an interesting twist on woodsman-ship (I liken it to using Marshall stacks for iPod playback)... as is clearing elk from the driveway to get out. I am fortunate to be occasionally distracted from those hardships by watching eagles catch salmon on the Cowlitz out front... man, it is TOUGH living here! LOL!

Thank you, CAL30M1!
I am planning my first hike into Packwood Lake for later this week: just trying to fit a kayak into my backpack now... which seems to require a chainsaw and duct tape... still adjusting to the Pacific Nothwet!

Perfect place for a kayak. I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to have boat rentals up there.

I lived in Packwood back in the mid-80's when I worked for the Forest Circus.

Was a Campground/Wilderness Guard and lived at the cabin at La Wis Wis Campground, loved the job but was seasonal only, needed to move to pay the bills better.

You gotta hike into the Goat Rocks, you'll never forget them after you do!

Be well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads