JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi, found this site in my search for local places in the NW to buy bulk storage foods...was happy to see I am NOT paranoid as my sons think...LOL! There ARE people in the NW who think like I do...I just thought I was alone! :p

I was raised in Texas where we put up a majority of our canned foods, foraged for wild foods, and as a young wife in the 70's I didn't know any other way of living so I always baked our breads, put up the garden, and put up beef and a pig or two we raised. Since moving to Wa State in the 80's I have only met 1 person that canned food and not one person that baked their own families bread...so I am known as the "hippy" grandma who stores food a bit obsessively. ;-)

I am not a person who owns firearms (retired RN)...but I sure do believe in a persons' rights to protect their family with them.

My hope is that my frugal and self sufficiency life style will prove to my sons wives that it IS possible to be less dependent on processed foods and market fluctuations.

I am looking forward to finding LOCAL sources for bulk foods cause I would much prefer to avoid shipping charges as well as get products that have a fast turnover.

I am most interested in local peoples experience with long term (past 2-3 years) with the high humidity we have up here. In Texas...our biggest issue was weevils.

welcome to NWF ! it's great to have you........ you bring along with you, a breath of fresh air !!
the humidity yiour exp. is just about the same all the way down the coastal regions--- the only way i know to change it is to move to east side of "cascades" i had to do it for health reasons in "85" . i was born and raised in "puyallup" for 38 yrs. then moved to central oregon ...... it's better , but we have a thing called "juniper trees" that will bring out the best of your allergies....... LOL (it's always something)

steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top