Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello from Montana... I have a few questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JohnMT, Jul 28, 2013.

1. JohnMT

JohnMT Mt. New Member

I plan on traveling into Id. Wa. And Or. I want to take my side arm.
    I have a ccw permit from Montana. I don't believe Wa. Or Or. Accepts them.
    Is open carry an option? In vehicle? Loaded mag in firearm? If pulled over do I need to disclose? I want to do this right. Thanks. John

2. letrain

letrain toledo,wash Active Member

wa is an open carry state. loaded in vehicle is illegal without permit (even if open carrying, has to be unloaded). no need to disclose anything if pulled over in wa state. it weird, says guns are supposed to be visable while in vehicle without permit. but concealed in vehicle when gun is in vehicle and you are not. but if its not loaded and the rounds are not "quickly accessible" its not considered loaded and can be kept in your glove box or something while in your vehicle.

oregon has strictest rules. just take mag out put one in glove box, one in center console. no open carry (someone from oregon correct me?) im guessing on that, just because their concealed permit has stricter rules.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

This is not true.

Open carry is legal in Oregon, but some cities have an ordinance against it, so you'll need to check before traveling through the city. The weapon can be loaded in your vehicle as long as it's not concealed or if it is, not in direct access to the driver. It can be in your glove box or center console as long as they are locked and the key is not in the lock. Zipped up in a bag in the back seat is fine as well. And also no need to disclose.

4. letrain

letrain toledo,wash Active Member

Glad I was corrected Lol I was hoping I would be since I am also traveling to Oregon soon.

However the separate city thing seems kind of annoying..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

From opencarry.org....

"Oregon is a traditional open carry state. However, their preemption statute only covers concealed handgun license holders from city or county passed bans against loaded firearms in public places. To our knowledge, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places, and other cities have passed bans specific to Parks. Also, all “public buildings” are also off limits throughout the entire state unless you have a concealed handgun license."
    Newport and Astoria also...

"Firearms may be openly carried in cars without any license except where localities have made open carry illegal; however, an Oregon concealed handgun permit holder is exempt from all local open carry bans. To our knowledge, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence have passed loaded firearms bans encompassing all public places"
    Newport and Astoria also...

Take note that Multnomah County recently enacted a "law" against carrying a firearm. Not just Portland but the whole county. Bunch of retards run that place....

6. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard :thumbup: