JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I have heard about the awesome forums and classifieds here but just got around to joining. Looking forward to contributing and maybe helping out with the ammo supplies in the classifieds.

I love shooting just about everything but I am particularly keen on ruger no. 1 rifles but I have been getting more interested in playing with my long range precision rifle lately.

Here are some pics of a few toys (of many) -

Nr3AMDH.jpg

mBKgLvq.jpg

pVgfZZf.jpg

Welcome! I'm hoping you're about ready to put those Ruger's to work and show us some pictures in the hunting section. I grew up in eastern Oregon (John Day) and wish I still lived there. Wonderful part of the state.

Welcome! I'm hoping you're about ready to put those Ruger's to work and show us some pictures in the hunting section. I grew up in eastern Oregon (John Day) and wish I still lived there. Wonderful part of the state.

I actually hunt around John day, have all my life (desolation and northside).

2019 bull season -
e6PvJV1.jpg
2018 bull season -

Xx1cev1.jpg
2018 mule deer -

QWqIFu8.jpg

I took a small buck with my bow this year and am spike hunting in desolation this November, I am really looking forward to it. I'll post any new pics in the hunting section for sure.

Welcome! One of my best friends from high school works for the Forest Service in La Grande and his wife is a nurse there.

My dad was showing me his last big bore rifle he has the other day. It's an Al Biesen built Ruger No. 1 in 375 H&H Magnum. He last used it to shoot a leopard in Africa and was contemplating selling it, which would be a shame.

Welcome! One of my best friends from high school works for the Forest Service in La Grande and his wife is a nurse there.

My dad was showing me his last big bore rifle he has the other day. It's an Al Biesen built Ruger No. 1 in 375 H&H Magnum. He last used it to shoot a leopard in Africa and was contemplating selling it, which would be a shame.

Oh awesome, his wife probably knows my wife as she is also a nurse.

the top no.1 in that photo is a .375 H&H, first production run that my grandfather bought in '67. Very, very low serial number. It's heavy so I take it as a backup for elk, but it has dumped a few for me. That would be a shame if he sold it though, it sounds like it has some stories just like mine.

Welcome to The Board, the bestest little gun board there is!

Tagging @bbbass, as he also lives in LG

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Hey there! Welcome Neighbor!!!

I've lived here since 1980. It's the bestest place for me!!!

I no longer hunt, because of physical problems. But I enjoyed every kind of hunting and fishing here. Used to run German Shorthairs for Upland Game. I am also drooling over your Ruger #1 collection. I used to own a Ruger #1V heavy barrel .22-250 and I really lament selling it to finance my divorce proceedings years ago... I miss that rifle!!

My elk hunting buds are from Bend and from the coast. We hunted the Ukiah unit... The Birch Creek fire destroyed our hunting area just recently. We also had camp at Mt. Emily for a few years. That was nice because I could leave home and be there in 20 minutes. Now, one of the buds moved to WA and the other has to stay in Bend because his wife has dementia. Things change.

But I still shoot at the LGRPC range. And I shoot IDPA typically. But I haven't gone to matches this year. I'm hosting another forum member this Oct. He lives in Tri-Cities. If not already shooting IDPA, I would be happy to have you as another guest!

We might even know each other. I'm 68 and live in Island City. We should get together for a beer summit.

Hey there! Welcome Neighbor!!!

I've lived here since 1980. It's the bestest place for me!!!

I no longer hunt, because of physical problems. But I enjoyed every kind of hunting and fishing here. Used to run German Shorthairs for Upland Game. I am also drooling over your Ruger #1 collection. I used to own a Ruger #1V heavy barrel .22-250 and I really lament selling it to finance my divorce proceedings years ago... I miss that rifle!!

My elk hunting buds are from Bend and from the coast. We hunted the Ukiah unit... The Birch Creek fire destroyed our hunting area just recently. We also had camp at Mt. Emily for a few years. That was nice because I could leave home and be there in 20 minutes. Now, one of the buds moved to WA and the other has to stay in Bend because his wife has dementia. Things change.

But I still shoot at the LGRPC range. And I shoot IDPA typically. But I haven't gone to matches this year. I'm hosting another forum member this Oct. He lives in Tri-Cities. If not already shooting IDPA, I would be happy to have you as another guest!

We might even know each other. I'm 68 and live in Island City. We should get together for a beer summit.

Hello neighbor! I have lived in the la grande area since 2005, and I also an LGRPC member. I typically use the 300yd range to test handloads most of the time, but sometimes I wander up the hill to the pistol range. Very sorry to hear about your hunting area being destroyed in the fire, we had the same thing as a kid in Desolation with the summit fire. We spent a lot of time in that area because of gold mines we had claims on, but now the family just has claims in the durkee area.

Did you sell that rifle locally? I remember a friend thats the SG manager over at Ace calling me about a few ruger no. 1's that have come up for sale, and one of them was a 1V in 22-250 that he saw listed. We just might know each other though, or have some mutual friends. Thank you for the welcome!

Did you sell that rifle locally?

Sure did. I can't remember who I sold it to... but it was 1983 that I had to sell all my firearms to pay for my divorce lawyer and also I got stuck paying the ex's lawyer fees. It would be amazing if it was still around the area, but I have no record of the serial # so there would be no way to know for sure. I don't miss the ex at all, but I sure had some nice shotguns and rifles.

I recently gave my AR to my SIL. It was a 18.5" Stainless heavy barrel spiral fluted .223 Wylde. A great shooter that I had worked up handloads for a dime sized five shot group. I gave it away because my varmint hunting buddy died and I don't like to go by myself. That and eye damage in the right eye... 300yds = No Way!!!

I still have a Ruger 77 stainless in .308. It's a pretty sweet shooter that I have taken a few elk with. Thought about having Jim Rector put a muzzle break on it, but never got it done. I shoot/shot Remington CoreLokt 180s for elk, 150s for deer, and have worked up a few handloads using 4064. Got a cheap 3x9 Bushnell on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top