JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome. A firearm enthusiast is an enthusiast regardless of their country.

Bonjour

Bonjour monsieur.. Comment allez-vous?

How is the shooting world in France? I am told Sarkozy believes people should not own guns. That is too bad. I suppose conceal carry is not possible living in France. Somewhere I am told that French people can own semi auto rifles, whereas in England these are banned.

France is a very beautiful country and I hope to visit someday. I hear the South of France is very lovely and the culture is rich. Hopefully, I will be able to learn a bit more French before I go.

How hard would it be for an American to be able to shoot guns at a shooting range while visiting France? Is that not possible?

Is it true that the French don't like Americans? Tell me it is not so... Viva La USA.. Viva La France :s0155:

Glad you're here..

Bienvenue

The shooting world is very little in France, our laws are very stricts because of the bad image of the firearm over there and we can get only semi-auto firearms.

For tourism, France is full of beautifull landscape :s0155: but I wont hide that the lambda french people is not very welcoming :( . Also between us :/.

For practice shooting, i don't think you can bring your guns because only semi-auto weapons are authorized but if you found some club in the region you visit and if you found some good people you'll probably could practice with their firearm. Just look for it and take contact before you come.

At last, i don't think that Frenchies have grudges against American (except extremists :/) also if sometimes we disagree or don't understand your way of thinking but it's more because of some cultural divergence.

Thank for being welcoming.

I have visited your beautiful country and the people are not bad at all. As long as you TRY to speak J'essaye de parler français ...:winkkiss: les gens l'apprécient et sont beaucoup plus agréable :D

I try....as for shooting. From what I was told on AR15 for the french members is that it's okay....just a process like everything else.

Strangely....any gun owned and or made before 1945 or something in that period is okay...even machine guns from what I was told.. lots of former marquisard or french underground members and some don't still want to give up their STENS and p38's.

Now don't you be a worrying none cause yall can't do that english thing well. Heck half the fellers here are rednecks and hillbillys. Just ask the Portland crowd:s0112::s0112:

Thanks for joining us:D

jj

Yeah that's right that we appreciate alot when strangers try to speak french.

For the old guns you're half-right because only the guns made before 1892 are okay but it's true that we let some of our WWII vets keep their guns but their are neutralized if they don't got the authorization.

For shooting in France, If some AR15 french guys said it's okay it's probably true but like you said, there is a process to do because your guns are able to shoot in full mode. Sorry but I don't know this side of law very well.

An ambitious firearms enthusiast and business person such as yourself could make tremendous strides towards renewing warm Anglo-American relations by setting up a new exporter/importer exchange for the semi-auto FAMAS, and I'm sure no one would complain if you, theoretically, subsidized your good friends here in the Pacific North-West in pursuit of your potential profits...

Bienvenue au sanatorium, d'un Américain juif de français-Suisse. Vive le Romandy!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top