JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
UPDATE: We ended up deciding to stay in Florida for now. Since my OP, we've decided against moving to Oregon for the usual reasons, but are still open to Camas sometime in the future. Right now, our home value is appreciating so rapidly with the 900 new Florida residents arriving daily, that financially it makes sense for us to wait, cash out, then move.

Runaway inflation has driven home prices up everywhere, whatever you get for your house will be a wash when you buy a new one. The days of selling a highly appreciated house, banking a bunch of money and buying another house are long gone.
The Balkanization of the US is well under way, at least you have a fighting chance in FL.

Runaway inflation has driven home prices up everywhere, whatever you get for your house will be a wash when you buy a new one. The days of selling a highly appreciated house, banking a bunch of money and buying another house are long gone.
The Balkanization of the US is well under way, at least you have a fighting chance in FL.
My home's valuation has increased 70% in the last 3 years, and has shown no signs of letting up. I highly doubt my selling it and buying a similar home in another state will be a wash.

First, a thank you to the administrators for hosting and maintaining this resource. Nothing like a good Forum such as Lightfighter.

After living in Florida non-stop for 31 years, we may be moving to Washington (Clark County) and need to get up to speed on what's going on there. Wife is originally from Alaska, has family in Oregon, and I spent my childhood in California, so we've been itching to return West.

I currently own and operate my own firearms training business with 5 contract instructors in Fort Lauderdale. We teach civilian-centric live fire, Force on Force, and Care Under Fire. If this move happens, I'll be selling this business to my instructors and fade into being just a face in the crowd who loves to shoot and train for himself again. Although I average 40 to 60 hours annually of outside training for continuing education purposes, teaching is not the same as taking training and I miss just taking care of myself.

I'm also an amateur radio operator working all the technology, so that will keep me busy as well.

Of course, this is all in addition to my day job! Glad to be here.

P.S. I love all firearms but am particular to the 1911. Here's some pics of mine.

View attachment 1036191 View attachment 1036192 View attachment 1036193 View attachment 1036194 View attachment 1036195
Welcome to The Forum.

welcome-to-the-family.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Sell out and live like a king in South America ?

Chile just elected a communist government, scratch that one off that list. When the globalist's soon move to digital "money" they will have complete control over anything you want to do and PM's won't do you any good unless it's lead.
Seat belts buckled, trays in the upright position...

Last Edited:
Being basically little more than a mud hut, the value of our property here in UK can get substantially less with a heavy downpour.

1668193628572.png

I well recall my late father's words ' Cheer up! It could be worse!'

So we cheered up, and sure enough, it got worse.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top