Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Clackamas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vaultman, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Vaultman

Vaultman Clackamas Co, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have read around here some but first time posting. I am not a collector but I like to collect certain types of firearms. Mostly a hunter, with some interest in personal defense. I am a huge advocate of the 2nd amendment :thumbup: And I am a proud American as much as I am proud to be from the Northwest.

2. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

welcome to the group!!!

3. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Here is your welcome from the southern end of the state!

4. Vaultman

Thank you. I grew up in that Southern end of the state.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Grew up in Southern OR too.

6. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! it looks like your picking up on a few people already ! plenty of folks from your area here , just keep looken around....... enjoy !

steven

8. Vaultman

I have been around hunting and fishing forums a lot but this one being local I think it would be a good fit. A long time personal friend recommended this forum to me. However one of my reasons for joining was because I was considering selling / trading / purchasing some firearms. What is the general consensus around her of a newbie ("Junior Member") doing such a thing?

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll have a problem assuming you aren't doing something illegal like selling guns across state lines. A lot of people including myself joined the site because of the classifieds.

10. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

With junior members or someone whom I'm not familar with a phone call should tell if you are dealing with a person of character. Asking question like this also help show character in my opinion.

11. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"vaultman"........"techieguy" pretty much got ya covered.... one other thing is always meet in "safe" place ie; mc donalds or corner store....home depot...i think you get the drift.........

steven

12. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I've made several deals with forum members and have nothing but good things to say about anybody I have dealt with here. Just excercise the appropriate caution.

Welcome.

13. Vaultman

These are the reasons that I ask. I guess I will start browsing away at the classifieds. I just did not want to make an offer and someone feel insecure about a newbie, that is why I asked first.

Thanks for the answers.