JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! I moved to Idaho 2 years ago now, I just heard about this group from a friend back home in western Washington. I recently joined the nampa range, hope to get back into some idpa or uspsa.

Hi, I am in the Boise area too... Welcome! Although I will be leaving Boise in search of jobs, probably going to the Southeast. Nonetheless, I will say Boise area is a shooter's paradise and the NWFA forum is the best firearms forum in the Northwest, if not the best around, period.

Velcome.

I was born there.
Fond memories from childhood,
regular rock fights in the street [Howry of yesteryear;)]
The ORIGINAL Albertson's store, w/ Mr Joe hisself there.

Learned to shoot at an old WWII AAC target range. We had a contest digging out .50 Cals from the poles.....

But that was a century ago, so things have changed a bit.....:(

I grew up in Boise, long before there was a '208'....
now & then my Brothers of the Spud tags need to be renewed so I migrate back for a visit, like a salmon swimming up the I-84 or US HWY 20 pavement to the grand headwaters of my old alma mater......Boise Jr. College...before the BSU/BSC/BC expansions
I moved from Boise so long ago, there were fewer Idaho residents than now live IN Ada county...

geez.....maybe better go spray myself down with some kind of anti-rust stuff....

Do you go back far enough to remember the Spud Nuts Dude on his
NYC Delivery bike w/ the small front wheel and the basket on top? :cool:

Somehow as 5 YO kids we always had enough loot in our pockets to buy at least a baker's dozen.....:D:D

Still warm......:cool::p

If you have never had a SPUD NUT HIGH,
well, you ain't lived a full life.......:);)

yes....IIRC he made a sort of delivery route out Broadway a bit, and around the downtown area.
It seems to my geezer memory the Spud Nut shop was down off the River St & 9th near the 'Idaho Spud' candy bar shop.

Discovered way too late after I had decamped the settlement there, was "Vic's Popcorn" out about 1/2 way on Broadway. I became quite enchanted by his various special popcorn blends in the 70s & 80s, but he finally retired/went away and no one took his place.

I located the sole surviving Spud Nut shop about 15 years ago in Washington state, but they would neither ship product (don't blame them) nor could I get a phone call returned before the line finally crapped out circa 1980ish.

I believe the original 'Albertsons' was on State & around ?15th? or so???
The folks moved way out south of town miles past "Vista Village" where Joe built one of the early expansions to his empire.

Joe's 1st store was at the NW corner of State and 16th.
I had to google that.;)

My Grandparents lived in a nice old house on State st just across from St. Alphonsus Hospital original location.
Gramps was a linotype guy at the Daily Statesman.

There was abt 34,000 folks in Boise when I was there.
I was 5 when we moved. 1952. Ouch!!

1952???? That's nearly before Oregon had 'mud'.....

When I left the population had nosed into the nearly 60,000 range, & Idaho state was
something short of 2,000,000.

Ada County alone now is around that figure. If you dig up a map somewhere of the area, there is a road grid from Mtn. Home to Ontario inclusive of most of that whole stretch of 'Treasure Valley'. Not fully developed everywhere, it still is considerably like the Orange County metastasis. Areas in the 60s that was hard core WAY out in the desert are now paved suburban visions of paradise.

Last Edited:
have you seen what they've done to the North End the last decade or so?

I'm not sure if you meant the same thing I did by "The North End". I'm fairly new to CDA. I picked up an Idaho gal almost 20 years ago when I was stationed over at Fairchild, and after finally retiring from the USAF, convinced her to leave sunny S. Texas and come back home for the snow!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top