Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hello from Bend, Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BendDriver, Sep 4, 2013.

1. BendDriver

BendDriver Bend, OR, USA New Member

Nice to join the website/board. Hello to all...

On a whim, bought a Sig P938 Equinox today, joining an AR-15, Glock 19 and others. My son and I enjoy shooting, but I wouldn't classify myself as a heavy-duty enthusiast. Taken a few classes; a two-day AR-15 course and a one-day combat pistol class.

I have a Kimber Solo on order -- on order since April, 2012! Got a bit tired of the wait, so bought the Sig today. Hint: I may have a BNIB Kimber Solo for sale at some point.

Pilot and businessman during the day, enjoying life in Bend, Oregon.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Welcome to NWF! Do you fly commercially or are you a general aviation pilot? What is your rating and please post up some pics of the plane when you have time!!

3. BendDriver

Commercial, Single/Multi Engine, Land. I used to fly corporate (Pilatus PC12-45, Citation CJ1+/CJ3), but the recession put an end to that! Hoping to get back into that work, as it was very enjoyable (great company that owned the Pilatus).

4. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

Welcome, nice to see a fellow Bend dweller on the forum.:thumbup:

5. PopsBdog

PopsBdog Southern Oregon Active Member

Welcome and a big howdy from Southern Oregon:wave:

6. chevytruckman

chevytruckman OLY Active Member

I was just in sun river last weekend!

7. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Welcome! I went to COCC back in the day. My wife is a non-current IFR pilot and my father was a CFI while I was growing up; I have fond memories of flying regularly in a 172. We're hoping to get back into flying (with me obtaining my pilot's license) in a few years.

I remember that Airlink flew Pilatuses (Pilati?) for their fixed-wing transports, do they still?

8. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

welcome Bender

9. BendDriver

Thanks!

Yes, Airlife is still flying the Pilatus. I think they've upgraded to the "NG" version by now -- lots more glass in the panel. One thing I wouldn't like on the NG: over-speed events are recorded and require an immediate inspection of the entire airframe; ughhh. In the past, us pilots could get by with bumping the flagpole (max speed indicator) and getting a rap on the knuckles from a loud, distinctive tone (we'd immediately pull back on the throttle to slow down and extinguish the tone) -- but now, still get the tone and a big time revenue generating required inspection. I like the old days.

10. BendDriver

Forgot to mention: big night tonight. Told my wife about the Sig purchase and she's not visibly upset. Whew...

11. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard:thumbup:

12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the site! Enjoy!